Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silver Poplar trees

Posted by jpressed MA z0ne 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 7, 09 at 14:30

I know that this is a strange question, but does anyone have a silver poplar tree and wouldn't mind my picking some of its leaves, especially in early fall? I am a flower presser and those leaves are like gold to me! I use them in pictures- the gray felty side is great for whites and in the fall, when the green side turns dark, they press almost black. These are 2 difficult colors to find and use in pressed flower art work. I live in Peabody, north of Boston.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silver Poplar trees

i suggest you call these 2 places and ask if they have any silver poplars in their collection and that you'd like to come see them: the Arnold Arboretum in JP and Longhill in Ipswich(owned by Trustees of Reservations). You might also call the Town of Lexington Tree Warden.

best,
mindy

o

Thanks Mindy for the great ideas!
jacki

o

i forgot to mentiion the most likely place of all- the Arnold Arboretum in boston/JP. glad to be of help.
mindy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here