Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leslie6ri

Garden humor?

leslie6ri
12 years ago

This made me laugh out loud when I saw it.

Was it expecting an invitation to the royal wedding, perhaps?

Comments (10)

• diggingthedirt
    12 years ago

That's great - too funny!

• cloud_9
    12 years ago

What a jaunty fellow!

• leslie6ri
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ha, yes. Jaunty! And waving at us.

• Marie Tulin
    12 years ago

"Come hither"

or

"Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

• arbo_retum
    12 years ago

leslie, your shot is absolutely hysterical! I have a humor themed photo below( but plse, no shrieking, ladies).
    There were about 5 of them, about 18" off the ground, going after the cornus kousa fruits. We still laugh about it but it's more from a 'go figure!' perspective really.

From Final Garden Photos

btw, if you like humor in the garden, don't know if you have seen this:

http://www.cottonarboretum.com/humor-in-the-garden/

Here is a link that might be useful: humor in the garden

• Marie Tulin
    12 years ago

Mindy! I hope those are mice and not rats! When we removed a pile of mulch that had been in the back yard for months, we found a nest of baby squirrels. Still pink, naked and wiggling. Did not appeal to me. I told the garden guys to do what they had to do and walked away. Far away. And let them do the dirty deed.
    mt

• carol6ma_7ari
    12 years ago

Some totally true fanatic-gardener facts on the humor page, arbo-retum. But what is the dreaded W word? Weeds? Wolves? Wabbits?

Carol

• claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
    12 years ago

Mindy: I don't scream when I see small furry rodents, in fact, I tend to feed them. They make nice pets. I love the idea of flying super mice!

I assumed the dreaded W word was W-C-K. Another furry rodent, just bigger than a mouse.

Claire

• leslie6ri
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ha! A pistol in its pocket! Now that is jaunty!

I love the kousa fruit eating mice. Such resourceful little devils. But the "humor in the garden" list... so much of it was true of me that it was almost scary. I can relate to almost every line.

But I still don't know what the dreaded W word is... Oh! Woodchuck? (They're groundhogs to me. Wish I had a photo of the big, furry posterior I saw hanging out of a garden planter on my patio one morning. That was a pretty humorous sight too.)

• arbo_retum
    12 years ago

We do NOT SAY the W word. Really.We don't write it either.

but i am so glad youall got a kick from the list!
    mindy

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company