Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden humor?

Posted by leslie6ri (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 2, 11 at 15:35

This made me laugh out loud when I saw it.

Was it expecting an invitation to the royal wedding, perhaps?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden humor?

That's great - too funny!

o

What a jaunty fellow!

o

Ha, yes. Jaunty! And waving at us.

o

"Come hither"

or

"Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

o

leslie, your shot is absolutely hysterical! I have a humor themed photo below( but plse, no shrieking, ladies).
There were about 5 of them, about 18" off the ground, going after the cornus kousa fruits. We still laugh about it but it's more from a 'go figure!' perspective really.

From Final Garden Photos

btw, if you like humor in the garden, don't know if you have seen this:

http://www.cottonarboretum.com/humor-in-the-garden/

Here is a link that might be useful: humor in the garden

o

Mindy! I hope those are mice and not rats! When we removed a pile of mulch that had been in the back yard for months, we found a nest of baby squirrels. Still pink, naked and wiggling. Did not appeal to me. I told the garden guys to do what they had to do and walked away. Far away. And let them do the dirty deed.
mt

o

Some totally true fanatic-gardener facts on the humor page, arbo-retum. But what is the dreaded W word? Weeds? Wolves? Wabbits?

Carol

o

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 11:45

Mindy: I don't scream when I see small furry rodents, in fact, I tend to feed them. They make nice pets. I love the idea of flying super mice!

I assumed the dreaded W word was W-C-K. Another furry rodent, just bigger than a mouse.

Claire

o

Ha! A pistol in its pocket! Now that is jaunty!

I love the kousa fruit eating mice. Such resourceful little devils. But the "humor in the garden" list... so much of it was true of me that it was almost scary. I can relate to almost every line.

But I still don't know what the dreaded W word is... Oh! Woodchuck? (They're groundhogs to me. Wish I had a photo of the big, furry posterior I saw hanging out of a garden planter on my patio one morning. That was a pretty humorous sight too.)

o

We do NOT SAY the W word. Really.We don't write it either.

but i am so glad youall got a kick from the list!
mindy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here