Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden center near Meredith N.H.

Posted by salbwil Ma. (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 5, 06 at 20:03

Hi,
I'm making a short trip to Meredith, N.H. this week and wonder if there are any garden centers or nurseries you can recommend. I'm driving up from the Ma. North Shore so any along the way would be fine too.
Thanks, salbwil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden center near Meredith N.H.

Here's the list from the yellow pages (Superpages.com)

0.0 Cackleberries Garden Center
RR 3, Meredith, NH 03253
(603) 279-8728

0.0 Village Greenery
RR 25, Meredith, NH 03253
(603) 279-6222
http://www.villagegreenery.com

2.7 Dave's Dockside Produce & Florists
292 Daniel Webster Highway, Meredith, NH 03253
(603) 279-1474

4.4 Pretty Petunias Greenhouse & Garden Center
235 Nh Route 25, Meredith, NH 03253
(603) 279-0160

6.7 Longhaul Farm Garden Centre and Country Store
253 Route 113, Holderness, NH 03245
(603) 968-9333

8.2 Community Connections Garden Center & Landscaping
38 S Main St, Laconia, NH 03246
(603) 528-3021
(603) 528-1987 (fax)

12.7 Maltais Flower Farm
Middle Route, Gilmanton, NH 03237
(603) 267-7262
(603) 267-6800
http://www.maltaisfarm.com

15.6 Yeaton Agway Services
Highland, Plymouth, NH 03264
(603) 536-4554

15.9 Candy's, Flowers, Herbs, & Things
Route 107, Gilmanton, NH 03237
(603) 267-1167

17.6 Emma's Perennials
398 Borough Road, Hill, NH 03243
(603) 744-3805

19.7 Spider Web Gardens
Route 109A Centre, Center Tuftonboro, NH 03816
(603) 569-5056

o

Thankyou,mmqchdygg,
salbwil

o

If you're going up Rte 3, don't miss Uncanoonuc Mtn (sp?) Perennials in Goffstown NH. A bit off the beaten path, but worth the trip.

o

Tilton Nursery & Greenhouse, 477 Laconia Road (Rte 3), Tilton (exit 20 off I-93) and Black Forest Nursery, Rte 3, Boscawen (exit 17 off I-93) are both excellent.

o

I'll second Black Forest. NICE quality offerings, and decent prices for same.

Hmmm...maybe the lot of us going to Annie's swap oughtta make a field trip there when we're done swapping.

o

I like Blackforest nursery in that they carry unusual or borderline hardy stuff that I haven't found elsewhere locally, and since DS Cole has taken over the garden center on rt. 9 near the intersection of I-393 and rt. 106 in Concord, I am impressed with both the selection and quality of plants.

I like Emma's perennials in Hill also, but you'd better call first to get directions (it's even more off the beaten path than Uncanoonuc Mt Perennials, which I also like) and to be sure of hours.

o

Hi,
Thankyou to all who posted. I only managed to hit one but it was very good! The name was "petal Pushers", located outside Meredith on rt. 106 . They had a great selection of very healthy looking plants grown for northern gardens and were nice to do business with. I walked around in the pouring rain ( what else is new) and packed the car with plants and planting mix ( organic). DH almost didn't fit for the trip home.
salbwil

o

Beans $ Greens on Intervale Rd. (Rt. 11B) in Gilford is a fabulous Farmstand, growing their own flowers in many greenhouses, offering hanging baskets, six-packs, planters, perennials - you name it. Vegetables from their fields are coming in now, Strawberries are ready. They are famous for their sweet corn! Check out the website www.beansandgreensfarm.com and see what Gilford lives on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here