Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bill_ri_z6b

I've had it with Briggs in North Attleboro.........

bill_ri_z6b
10 years ago

I told myself last season that I wouldn't go back there, but for some reason, today I did, and the visit just reminded me why I was less than enthusiastic last year. OK so yes they have lots and lots of stuff.........perennials, trees, shrubs, annuals, garden gadgets, tools and even a nice area to get coffee and pastries. But the selection of annuals is good but not really special. Some of the trees and shrubs are very nice, and some are run-of-the-mill that you could find at any of big box stores. But the thing for me was the attitude of some of the employees. I felt as if I was bothering them, and when I asked about a particular plant that was on display in a bed, they said they only had pink ones even before I had finished speaking, as if she wanted to dismiss me as soon as possible. I then asked about a totally different plant and was told that they can't be grown "around here", which was totally untrue. So I told her that they do grow here and she sort of shrugged and just walked away! At the checkout, I asked if they took AMEX, and was rudely told "No AMEX!" seriously almost like I was a naughty child. Also, I know that they have what they call a "VIG" rewards program, where you get a card and it's punched with every purchase, and when it's full you get 10% off for the rest of the year. Nobody at the checkout offered a card to me. I didn't really care since I had already decided not to return. But it's the principle.

They also don't guarantee anything beyond the current season, so if something fails winter hardiness, then it's your loss. At the prices they charge, which are higher than most places, you'd think they would do better.
Well they don't have anything there that I can't find elsewhere, so for me, today was the last visit there.

{{gwi:5901}}

Comments (2)