Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where in Massachusetts is there a good place to buy stone?

Posted by prairiemoon2 zone 6/MA (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 07 at 5:43

Hi,

In Eastern Mass, does anyone know of a stone yard that has good prices and lots of selection?

Thanks
pm2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where in Massachusetts is there a good place to buy stone?

The Stoneyard in Littleton is fabulous. I just found them this spring. Their selection is tremendous.

Their web site is stoneyard.com

o

I have never been there--on my list--but I do get their free online e-newsletter. Good info about building with stone in the landscape/garden.

o

Ginny and whitegarden. I did do a google search and that came up first...it has a nice website and it isn't that far from me. Glad someone knew a little about them.

Thanks!
:-)

o

I'd like to look at them, too. My husband has built 1 and 7/8 stone walls, the last 1/8 of the stones may need to be purchased.

There is also Precourt in Sudbury. It is the stone source for most people in its vicinity, and I don't know how Littleton would compare to it.

o

I think the StoneYard in Littleton is a bit pricey! I've priced out some items there and kept walking. But great selection! Terrible hours as I recall. One time I wanted to stop in on a Saturday and they were closed!!! Not sure if that is still the case.

For Granite, Fletcher Granite in Westford is another possibility. I think they have non-granite too but I forget for sure.

There is a decent sized place in Groton near Pepperell -- Colonial Stoneyard. It is run by the brother of The Stoneyard in Littleton. THey used to both run Colonial and I think there may have been some kind of family falling out. I had Colonial build me a fieldstone stone wall many years ago before the split-up. We had some disagreement in the end about the finished product, but I forget the details. I don't know if the new Colonial is smaller than it was once the brothers split up. Its in an out of the way place.

I frequently see small stone places a lot here and there along secondary roads. Even Agway carries some selection of stone. There's such a small place along rte 27 in (West?) Acton that always looks interesting. And also on Rte 113 in Dunstable.

o

idabean and wendy...thanks for giving me some other choices to look into. Nice to have choices. :-)

o

I'm not sure where you are but Landscapers Depot in Kingston, NH has lots of stone choices as does East Coast Lumber in Hampstead, NH. Both are about 20 minutes from the Haverhill, MA border.

o

And, so far, I have bought all my granite at Swenson's in Amherst NH. They have other locations too and have had good prices for a quality product.

o

storey and ginny...thanks for adding two more names to the list. Who knew there were so many places around?

:-)

o

try martignettis in Woburn, MA.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here