Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmct1976

Black Eyed Susan Vine (Thunbergia alata turning brown?

jmct1976
13 years ago

So I am quite the novice with gardening, and hoping someone can offer some advice. I bought and planted a black eyed susan vine in my front yard in a small spot that is in full sun, mulched and also right next to the driveway. Over the past few months, I've had many blossoms and the plant has looked great. The last week or two, it's been turning brown from the bottom up, and especially at the bottom where the vine and leaves have turned brown, it seems to be very dry and the vine feels like sticks.

I had been watering this early each morning due to the amount of heat and sunlight it gets each day. We have had a very hot and humid few weeks, so I'm not sure if I am either underwatering, overwatering, or if it is the location. I read on another site that Black-eyed Susan doesn't like very hot, dry conditions and suffers especially when exposed to reflected heat, such as that from a driveway. Mine is right next to the driveway.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I don't know what to do at this point.

thanks much.