Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite Bulb Catalog

Posted by reball517 z5-MA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 10:11

Does anyone have a favorite bulb catalog? They are all coming in the mail, and I can't really say which is the best to order from (with the exception of Mihcigan Bulb) - I've probably at one time or another used them all. Anyone have a favorite?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite Bulb Catalog

I like two companies: Brent and Becky's Bulbs (www.brentandbeckysbulbs.com/‎) as well as John Scheepers (www.johnscheepers.com/‎) and Van Engelen (www.vanengelen.com/‎) which are the retail and wholesale sides of the same company. I've had great success with both of them and find that their bulbs are larger and so have more flowers than those from catalogs like Brecks which may cost a bit less on some things. I also really like that they have some of the less common bulbs, like Colchicum, reticulated iris which start blooming in March here in the frozen north, fall-blooming crocus, or split corona daffodils.

o

I like John Scheepers best. I get probably 99% of my bulbs from them, and then I get a few sale items from Brent and Becky's.

Dee

o

Scheepers.
ditto: Brent and Becky, esp on sale
I have also ordered from Colorblends, which does all the work of putting colors together for you. Their bulbs are huge!
However, the bulbs come in a big plastic crate which really offends my eco-conscience and they are expensive.

o

My two top choices would be the same!

o

thanks so much! I like Scheepers as well - but have never tried Brent abd Becky.

o

I love old house gardens! They are just amazing.

o

Jillyluis - I've used Old House Gardens as well - really nice for old forms of blubs!

o

Interesting: almost a total consensus on Scheeper's
and B&B. . .although I've been seriously tempted a
few times to try "The Lily Garden". . .anyone tried them?

Carl

Here is a link that might be useful: The Lily Garden

o

Carl, I've used the Lily Garden in the past, and did like them. I switched to Ednie when I needed greater quantities. I would use the Lily Garden again for smaller orders, although they can be a bit pricey. But good quality and good customer service.

Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here