Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
EGO45 and the hydrangea you gave me last year

Posted by javaandjazz z6 CT (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 31, 11 at 11:17

Hi George,
This is the twig of a hydrangea you gave me last year I beleive and wanted me to grow as a topiary. It's not very full but has just bloomed and the lime green color is very beautiful. Thanks very much!!!!! Richie

IMG_5512

IMG_5513

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: EGO45 and the hydrangea you gave me last year

Enjoy! This is a seedling from Limelight.
As you can see it's true to the parent.

o

This combination of the two greens will sparkle against the white. It's beautiful!
Molie

o

Wow! That's gorgeous! New fence, Richie? Looks good!

:)
Dee

o

Hi Dee, Yes, new fence. I had to do something because the house in back of me is really getting rough!

o

I've decided I need one of these. I'm already picturing the bouquets I could make with this and a deep purple hydrangea which a friend of mine has. Ooh, can't wait!

Dee

o

Dee, Here are some pictures of the new fence and driveway garden!

IMG_5504

IMG_5500

IMG_5503

o

Wow, Richie, that looks fabulous!! Really, it's just wonderful. I remember the lot behind you and this definitely improves the view and gives a great backdrop for your plants. I like the way the bit of lattice work at the end keeps it from looking too stockade-like.

Did you put in the fence yourself? Can I ask where you got it from? It's so nice to see a wooden fence - I don't care for the vinyl/plastic ones that are so popular now. Are you going to stain or paint it?

Sorry for all the questions. It's just that I've been considering a fence around a garden and I'm just not sure - I'm on the fence, lol! Sorry, that just popped into my head, lol.

But seriously, it really looks great. Nice job!
:)
Dee

P.S. One last question - are you going to grow anything up the fence? I know you've done some espalier work before, so this might be a good site for more, depending on sun exposure.

P.P.S Okay, one LAST question - where did you get the planter? Very nice!

o

HI Dee,
I just want to take out the tiger lillies and move the asters in back of the dogwood. The lillies were in bloom so I didn't want to move them yet and I don't want mess the asters up now also. I had the fence installed by Orange Fence. I don't care for vinyl much either except that it's easy to maintain. I have to water seal this one every few years now. I'm not sure I want to let anything grow up it since I have to water seal it every 3 years. The planter came from Marcucio's Garden Center on route 34 in Derby in front of Lowes. It's two pieces.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here