Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
7/21 Groupon is for 50% off Mahoneys

Posted by linda0210 5-6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 12:36

an FYI if you use Groupon.com - today's deal is for 50% off Mahoneys - $20 for $40 Worth of Plants, Flowers, and Garden Supplies. 2 days left to buy the deal and must be used by 8/31/2011.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 7/21 Groupon is for 50% off Mahoneys

• Posted by triciae Zone 7 Coastal SE CT (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 12:42

Linda, I live in Mystic, CT. Can I still get the Groupon.com deal? We belong to Groupon but our area is Hartford. We were just at Mahoney's last week & they've got a large pot that we almost purchased but balked at the price. The Groupon deal would make it a no-brainer!

Thanks,
Tricia

o

tricia - yes, you can still get it. You will just have to look in the Boston location. (I always check out Groupon before we go on vacation - see if I can get any deals for the location we are visiting - great way to find "local" restaurants that won't necessarily show up in the tourist books).

I've linked the Mahoneys Groupon below. I'd get it, except it expires at the end of August, and I won't be doing any more planting before then.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mahoneys Groupon Link

o

• Posted by triciae Zone 7 Coastal SE CT (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 14:46

Thanks! I just phoned and it's not good for pots. :( Glad we didn't drive 6 hours for nothing.

It's too hot to plant anything!

/tricia

o

If you read the discussion for the Groupon, the Mahoneys guy specifically says it can be used for pots.

o

Hi pixie_lou, I just bought the Groupon coupon. Had I not seen your post, I would not have know about it. Thanks very much! Happy planting, if you don't pass out first!

o

I ended up buying the Groupon (even though I said I wasn't going to. I used it today). Mahoneys has a sale on all their glazed pots right now - 30-50% off - until 31 August. So I just got a really cool $100 pot for $30 out of pocket. Just in time for Hurricane Irene to knock it off my deck and smash it to pieces!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here