Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ISO Rectangular granite bird bath for the ground

Posted by javaandjazz z6 CT (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 13:09

Looking for one of these in CT somewhere or anywhere else, don't mind taking a ride sometimes. I'll be up at the Cape for a few days if anyone up there has seen one. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ISO Rectangular granite bird bath for the ground

What is ISO? And what is 'for the ground'? I get the granite bird path part, but that's all!

o

Ok, ISO is in search of and for the ground means it just lays on the ground, no stand. Just a carved rectangular piece of granite. I just found this but it's just a bit small but not bad and a good price too.

http://www.montistonesculpture.com/item/14/free-shipping-rectangular-granite-bird-bath/

Here is a link that might be useful: Vermont granite bird bath

o

You could check out Swenson Granite. They are originally local to NH, but have a Newtown, CT store among other places in New England. We have been happy with the steps we bought there. While I don't see anything on the website that is exactly what you want, I am not sure if it is comprehensive or if they would sell you something like their pedestal birdbath without the pedestal.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swenson Granite

o

java, I like the looks and size of that birdbath. Mine is smaller because it's more like the shape of the state of NH. Sometimes the birds will fight over it but generally they wait their turn in nearby shrubs and trees.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here