Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carol6ma_7ari

My apologies for my bad phrasing

carol6ma_7ari
13 years ago

I'm sorry I seemed to be leading some GWer's on by asking if anyone was going to the Dartmouth MA open gardens. Next time I'll be more careful with my phrasing, so that there is no ambiguity. On that hot Saturday I ended up spending most of the day indoors under the big ceiling fan, with a glass of ice water and a regency romance. It's still horribly hot today and I hope everyone is staying in the shade and that everyone watered their most fragile young plants early in the day.

Carol

Comments (6)

• Marie Tulin
    13 years ago

Hi Carol,
    I preferred to email you but kept getting an error message. First, no big deal. Misunderstandings happen. However, I didn't feel insulted or led on at all. It was more the sharp demurral that you ever meant to issue an invitation. It felt a little off, and although it mostly likely not personal (because we don't know the first thing about one another) it felt personal. That was ridiculous on my part and I am sorry I didn't stop and think. Most of the time we just ignore things like this on this forum, and I wish I had (twice) but honestly, I think my judgment is impaired by two weeks of heat.
    There's no a.c. in this computer room, I can't open the windows easily and the sweat just pours off me when I'm working on line. This is one of my favorite pastimes and unexpectedly it has turned in something close to torture!
    I wish you well and look forward to getting to know you online. Fresh start, ok?
    Marie
    PS if you thought you set up your GW email, there may be something wrong....

• carol6ma_7ari
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ooops - I just checked (after years) my member information and changed one setting, so now GW members can get my email address. Sorry to seem so unavailable, Marie.
    My message about not going to the open gardens was short because I was in a similar un-airconditioned situation and didn't want to even TOUCH the keys. Now back in MA for 2 A.C. days, I am happy to rest my forearms on the desk as I type.
    I came back with 4 huge zucchini, about a half bushel of kale, and 2 lbs. of stringbeans, from my new toy, a fenced kitchen garden or potager. Lots of cooking and freezing to do today.
    Why do I forget, over the winter, how much I hate hot weather?

Carol

• jey_l
    13 years ago

Why do I forget, over the winter, how much I hate hot weather?

Could have something to do with the sound of chains and steel clanking and scraping against the icy asphalt that break the peaceful wonderland as it careens past your freshly cleared driveway. Just "thinking out loud".

• kathyannd
    13 years ago

Or that feeling -- like you've been sucker punched -- when your feet go flying out from under you as you gingerly try to get down three stairs and take three steps to your car, only to land flat on your butt in a puddle of slush.....

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    13 years ago

It will be years before I forget how much I hate hot weather. I mean YEARS!! All winter long I love it, and all sumer long...except for THIS SUMMER...I tell my relatives in Alabama how wonderfully cool and dry it is here. I rub it in...a LOT.

• Marie Tulin
    13 years ago

I hope no one minds, but I'm going to start a new thread on this subject. I don't think I want to keep reading my posts about the effects of hot weather on my judgement.

If people don't post on this thread, it will drop into oblivion at at least a couple of people won't mind!

Thanks for cooperating, if you will.

Marie