Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

It's POURING!

Just started 15 minutes ago and I've never seen it come down so hard. It's like a sheet of rain. Happy to see it's been hard to keep up with watering. Hope everyone is getting a good dose of this today.

Comments (12)

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    11 years ago

Hmm, would have thought we'd get it here in CT first, but nothing yet! Bad storms forecast for tonight, with the possibility of them moving up earlier in the afternoon, but so far it's just meltingly hot and sunny.

I do want it to rain, but not till I go to work. I have a HUGE bouquet of lilies I'm bringing in and I want to get them into the car (and back out again) before it rains! No fun doing that in a downpour! Think mother nature will wait just for me, lol? ;)

After 4:30, it can rain all it wants to (and please do!)

Dee

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    11 years ago

Ackkkk!!!!!

As soon as I hit the send button above, I heard thunder! Oh no! I'd put the lilies in the car now but they would die from the heat... okay, maybe it will rain now and then stop in time for me to go to work....

Dee

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ours has been off and on, Dee, so good chance you will get a break before you have to go. Good luck!

• claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
    11 years ago

It came much later here - about 4:15 PM it got so dark that the solar lights on the deck came on. Thunder and lightning and rain came around 5 PM. Nice heavy rain for a while, and steady rain now. We really need this. I hope Dee got her lilies to work safely.

Claire

• terrene
    11 years ago

No real rain here in metro west. Just enough to get things wet. The air is much more refreshing though. Tomorrow morning I'll have to get the big sprinkler out and do the back garden. Bummer.

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    11 years ago

Well, the good news is I got my lilies safely to work, lol! (Thanks Claire!). The bad news is, I was really hoping for more rain (just not at that moment!). It rained here pretty hard (don't know if I'd call it pouring rain) for about fifteen minutes, with some thunder and a touch of lightening, then it tapered off for about another ten minutes, and that was it.

My local forecast, last I checked about an hour ago, was calling for some rain tonight, possibly several hours' worth (minus the storms) but the NYC weather was not - and we are fairly close enough to NYC that we get what they get, more or less. So we shall see. I'm choosing to believe the local forecast.

Several folks at work tonight said they heard temps in the 70's forecast for Friday!!! Ah, that would be bliss! But I'm not buying that yet....

Dee

• girlcat36
    11 years ago

We just got a tease here; it barely spit. I didn't even skip a beat when it started thundering and lightening. I was transplanting lilies and just continued on digging and planting....
    The drought continues....

Teresa

• 4hleader
    11 years ago

I wish, wish, wish it would rain. So many times I've looked at the radar returns seeing rain to the west, only to have it just disappear before it get to the Monadnock region. Our garden probably hasn't had any real rain in at least a month. Last night there was a tiny amount but not enough to do any real good.

• 4hleader
    11 years ago

I wish, wish, wish it would rain. So many times I've looked at the radar returns seeing rain to the west, only to have it just disappear before it get to the Monadnock region. Our garden probably hasn't had any real rain in at least a month. Last night there was a tiny amount but not enough to do any real good.

• spedigrees z4VT
    11 years ago

We had pouring rain and thunderstorms all last night. The dogs were hiding in the house, unhappy with the sound effects, but I was overjoyed to let Mother Nature take over my watering duties. (She does a much better job than I with my little watering can!)

• girlcat36
    11 years ago

I had hail at my house last night around 10:30! I wish we had gotten more rain around here, we are in such a drought.
    I think I might lose the trees I had to heel in in June :(

Teresa

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    11 years ago

Very odd - yesterday late afternoon, after a beautiful sunny day all day, it suddenly got very windy and dark, the skies opene,d and we had a torrential downpour for about 15 mnutes. It stopped, the sun came back out, and the nice weather continued on without skipping a beat.

Today has been gorgeous! Too bad I'm stuck inside at work!

Dee