Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leslie6ri

Wildwood Nursery in East Greenwich, RI

leslie6ri
12 years ago

This is a shameless plug for this nursery near my home. I have no affiliation with it --other than being MIGHTY pleased! Went there looking for a 'Paint the Town' rose (which they didn't have, but offered to order. But I wanted to see it before buying). Though I didn't find the rose, I did leave with Hosta 'Stained Glass', Ajuga 'Chocolate Chip', and a big and beautiful Schizophragma 'Moonlight' (and something else wonderful... what WAS it?). All the plants looked very healthy and very well cared for. While checking out, I noticed a sign-up sheet for an email list announcing sales and whatever... By signing up, I also entered myself in a gift card drawing (evidently), and I won! A $50.00 gift card! (And I am one of those 'I never, ever win anything' people!) I went back yesterday to spend my gift card and left with Geranium 'Rozanne', a cute, vibrant Lantana (in red, yellow, and orange that my husband loved), Heuchera 'Snow Angel' (? --green leaves with white speckles) and a glorious Magnolia virginiana 'Moonglow' that has to be 7' tall!!! AND, the woman working there let me take a few fruits from a 'Black Pearl' ornamental pepper to see if I could grow any from seed. (They only had a display plant left.) (Have you all seen 'Black Pearl'?! Black leaves, jet black, shiny peppers that turn red when ripe. The peppers are edible, but very, very HOT. It's so dramatic looking!))

So, what can I say? I heartily recommend Wildwood Nursery to anyone in the R.I. area. --And be sure to sign up for the gift card drawing. There's a new winner every month!