Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tell me if you think this is a blight disease on my peony

Posted by beausgrrl z5a NH (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 16, 10 at 15:09

Hi all,
I planted this a few weeks ago and even before it went into the ground the leaves started to look sickly. I've tried to post an image and have wasted over 2 hours trying to figure out how to include it in the post without luck. I setup a webshot account, etc. and still can't show it as I now find out you can't even though I read on here how to. argh, just not that important to show it I guess. Anyway. if you can see it by going [IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb14/ultimatehipster/gardening/peonydisease003.jpg[/IMG] please let me know if you think it's a form of blight and what I should do. (from what I've read it's hopeless)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tell me if you think this is a blight disease on my peony

may have figured out how to post pic. link, would rather have photo come up but oh well.... thanks for your patience....

Here is a link that might be useful: peony disease?

o
peony disease?

Last time... here is a link to all the photos... the last one is of my healthy older peony....

Here is a link that might be useful: peony

o
nevermind....

Well after all that, spoke to the nursery and they had me dig it up and dump it in a bag to keep from spreading disease. very sad. :( I feel that I caused it b/c I didn't plant for several weeks in the horrid humidity... now I need to research what I can do to the soil area that it was in to keep from contaminating other plants?

o

That IS sad. I hope the new plant has not infected your healthy peony. Very sorry.

o

did they ask youto bring it back for ID? So sorry about it all.

o

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 18, 10 at 13:02

If you're copying a link from photobucket, copy the html code, not the img code. Otherwise, as someone said on another post, use the command < img src =http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb14/ultimatehipster/gardening/peonydisease003.jpg > but take the spaces out.

Claire

o
RE RE: tell me if you think this is a blight disease on my peony

Sun, Jul 18, 10 at 13:04

Correction: leave the space between img src, but take all the other spaces out.

Claire

o

And, I think the URL itself (which begins at the http) has to be in double quotes (")

o

Sun, Jul 18, 10 at 16:52

I didn't use double quotes here.

Claire

o

Thank you! I'll have to try that out Claire and diggingthedirt. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here