Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stack316

My garden

stack316
10 years ago

pics of my garden, including pics of a carrot and garlic I dug up today. Broccoli, beans, carrots and shallots have all been harvested. 1st time growing corn so have no idea what I am doing.

Comments (7)

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    10 years ago

Everything looks quite happy and healthy. That's an interesting bean trellis. Is that what it was intended for?

• stack316
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thank you. trying to keep everything healthy, using more fungicide and spraying for bugs than I have in the past, and a lot of weeding.

yes I bought that 'bean tower' from gurneys this year. so far so good.

corn is new to me, so not sure how that is going

my broccoli had a good 1st harvest, but now are being eating alive

peppers not sure why I keep trying, I have no skills on growing these.

everything else looks on track to me

• defrost49
    10 years ago

Well done, stack316! I planted my beans very late so all I have so far is some really sad looking plants. But my sugar snap harvest has been great.

One of my three zucchini hills doesn't look very healthy. Winter squash was also planted late.

I usually have good luck with peppers BUT I do not buy plants from the typical commercial places. I think the variety of bell peppers take a long time to maturity. I order a mixture of plants from a local grower and have had really good luck, getting some bell peppers to the red stage before frost but also having some long, thin walled Italian frying types ripen early. You might scout out a better supplier. I noticed two local nurseries were selling a much larger variety of tomatoes and pepper this year. Everyone wants "heirlooms". Sometimes there's a plant seller at the farmers market in the spring.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

• Tina_n_Sam
    10 years ago

Congrats, on your harvest!

The beans look ready next.

-Tina

• stack316
    Original Author
    10 years ago

yup. the beans were next. ave 8 inches

• spedigrees z4VT
    10 years ago

Those beans look fantastic, Stack! What a great harvest! Your vegetables look vibrant and well tended. Congratulations

• stack316
    Original Author
    10 years ago

more veggies finally;

excited about the corn, have never grown it before, and it is full, lettuce, sungolds & celebrity tomatoes, zucchini, scallions, cucumbers, (broccoli, pea pods, and green beans already in the fridge)

I've been losing a lot of sungolds due to them splitting, so have been picking them as they blush, as well as the large tomatoes