Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My garden

Posted by stack316 MA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 13, 13 at 16:33

pics of my garden, including pics of a carrot and garlic I dug up today. Broccoli, beans, carrots and shallots have all been harvested. 1st time growing corn so have no idea what I am doing.

photo harvestgarlicandcarrot.jpg

photo tomatoes.jpg

photo corncarrotbeanspepperbrocclettuce.jpg

photo corn.jpg

photo bean.jpg

photo broccoli.jpg

photo lettuce.jpg

photo squash.jpg

photo tomato.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My garden

Everything looks quite happy and healthy. That's an interesting bean trellis. Is that what it was intended for?

o

thank you. trying to keep everything healthy, using more fungicide and spraying for bugs than I have in the past, and a lot of weeding.

yes I bought that 'bean tower' from gurneys this year. so far so good.

corn is new to me, so not sure how that is going

my broccoli had a good 1st harvest, but now are being eating alive

peppers not sure why I keep trying, I have no skills on growing these.

everything else looks on track to me

o

Well done, stack316! I planted my beans very late so all I have so far is some really sad looking plants. But my sugar snap harvest has been great.

One of my three zucchini hills doesn't look very healthy. Winter squash was also planted late.

I usually have good luck with peppers BUT I do not buy plants from the typical commercial places. I think the variety of bell peppers take a long time to maturity. I order a mixture of plants from a local grower and have had really good luck, getting some bell peppers to the red stage before frost but also having some long, thin walled Italian frying types ripen early. You might scout out a better supplier. I noticed two local nurseries were selling a much larger variety of tomatoes and pepper this year. Everyone wants "heirlooms". Sometimes there's a plant seller at the farmers market in the spring.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

o

Congrats, on your harvest!

The beans look ready next.

-Tina

o

yup. the beans were next. ave 8 inches

photo 20130716_194646.jpg

o

Those beans look fantastic, Stack! What a great harvest! Your vegetables look vibrant and well tended. Congratulations

o

more veggies finally;

excited about the corn, have never grown it before, and it is full, lettuce, sungolds & celebrity tomatoes, zucchini, scallions, cucumbers, (broccoli, pea pods, and green beans already in the fridge)

I've been losing a lot of sungolds due to them splitting, so have been picking them as they blush, as well as the large tomatoes

photo 20130811_135755.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here