Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zahzeen

Plant now for next May?

zahzeen
11 years ago

I received quite a few seed packages from Fran earlier last month at her swap that I would like to plant now so they will be salable next May (Thanks, Fran!). I found a website (jelitto.com) that gives approximate times from sowing to germination; germination to transplant; transplant to salable plant. The three I picked to start now (rather than WS) should bloom the first year based on the internet research I did. They are also sun/part shade. But, that research is not as good as my New England neighbors real life experiences.

The three I picked were:

Candy Lily - 14 minimum to 22 maximum weeks sow to salable

Balloon Plant - 12 to 17 weeks sow to salable

Lupine - 12 to 21 weeks sow to salable

So based on the minimums, if I sow them this weekend,they should be salable by the around the end of September/early October and I can just leave them in their pots over the winter and then sell them in May. Anyone have any comments or advice? I also received some money plants, foxglove and disco belle seeds but will probably try to WS these. The chives and garlic chive seeds I received will be part of my August 1st herb experimental planting. I can't remember who suggested that but I bought or received 15 kinds of perennial herb seeds that I'll be starting next month. Of course I'll be asking for help/advice about that a little later in the month!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments (4)