Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Topsfield area: good garden centers

Posted by idabean 5A (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 30, 09 at 22:29

A friend has a gardening friend in the Topsfield, MA area and subject 1 wants to give subject 2 gift certificate to a good nursery. I would welcome suggestions (with a little description of the reason for it) to pass along.;

Have any posts gone missing since last night? I thought I had posted this questions successfully here, but no sign of it today.

idabean/mt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Topsfield area: good garden centers

not sure on distance, but Lake St Garden Center in Salem NH is tops in that general area. I'm about an hour away and its well worth the trip, so Topsfield has to be in range.

o

Lake Street is very good but Newbury Perennial Gardens is also very good and a lot closer to Topsfield.

o

To find a good garden center visit www.massflowergrowers.com and plug in your zipcode. I would call them and see if they have the plants you are looking for !

o

But that sounds like a commercial site. Recommendations from other gardeners are the best.

I know there is something called Nunan's Florist in Topsfield. And Northeast Nursery, which several of my friends recommend tho I've never been there, is not far. Worth checking out, as is the previous poster's site.

o

thanks, all
marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here