Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying Local Plants - Spur the Economy

Posted by kathleenghass MA (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 12, 09 at 9:25

Hi, I was at a nursery yesterday, and when I walked around the lot with a super helpful gal who was so full of info, I am going back with my pickup truck.

Anyway, she was saying that more plants are arriving now - and fall is a great time to plant - so the recession wasn't crushing them, and people should go out and shop and buy some green and spend some green.

You can visit www.massflowergrowers.com to find a shop near you or farmstand. They are super helpful and this way we can keep our money local!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying Local Plants - Spur the Economy

What is your relationship to the site mentioned above? People on this site are highly supportive of independently owned nurseries in New England, but this site is for getting information based on the experience of other gardeners. We want to hear specific details. What nursery someone went to, what specific plants they found there that might be hard to find or that represented a good deal.

o
RE: Buying Local Plants - Spur the Economy

I'm not in MA but thought I might as well supply the name of my favorite local (Manchester, Vermont) independently owned nursery. This is where I've purchased almost all my perennials over the years and they always sell healthy plants that thrive. Their selection of perennials and annuals is magnificent, and they have nice garden ornaments as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Equinox Valley Nursery

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here