Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blaketaylore

rooster

blaketaylore
13 years ago

Hello,

Last spring I had the pleasure of getting four adorable little chicks, however, one grew up to be a rooster. Now there isn't anything wrong with a rooster. As a matter of fact my Americanna rooster is quite handsome with a beautiful personality, but still he is a rooster. I have two issues. MY little chicken coop can only hold five or six hens, and hen is what I want for collecting fresh eggs for eating and baking with, so he is taking up valuble coop space. The second is that the hen house is only twentyfive feet from the house, so the early morning wake up call is very loud. For now I put him in a shed a little further away and that muffles the sound nicely. However, come this winter, in knee high snow, it will be a royal pain getting him out of the hen house every night to move him down to the shed, and then going down their again, in the morning to let him out after 9 am. So if any of you know of someone who would enjoy this beautiful seven month old rooster, who s a joy to have around, please let me know. He is too beautiful for the pot. I am looking for a nice home for him where he will be appreciated.

Blake

Comment (1)

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    13 years ago

Hi Blake. You should put a listing on your local freecycle or on craigslist. You'd probably get a lot more responses from your local community. None of us can even tell where you live, except possibly somewhere in New England. :)

Put a listing locally and I'm sure you'll get some responses. Good luck. I hope you find a great home for your guy!

:)
    Dee