Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Katsura Gardens Perennial Sale starts 8/25/12

Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 11:12

The Katsura Gardens newsletter says there's a perennial sale starting today, August 25. The website doesn't mention it.

PERENNIAL SALE
25-50% OFF
STARTS SATURDAY
AUGUST 25TH

Claire

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Katsura Gardens Perennial Sale starts 8/25/12

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 18:03

The latest newsletter says they've added
"Potted/B&B Nursery Stock" to their perennial sale.

End of Summer Sale on all Perennials
and Potted/B&B Nursery Stock
25-50% off
STARTS SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 1st

Claire

o

Claire, Katsura is one of the garden centers we hope to visit next spring because they seem to have so many unique trees and shrubs.

One conifer that has always fascinated me is Abies Koreana 'Prostrate Beauty'. According to what I've read, Prostrate Beauty seems to have unusual purple cones in the spring and pretty regular, tight horizontal growth. I guess it's a slow grower but it can get about four feet wide. Don't know if we could find a place for it in our small yard, but it would be fun to see in person. Plus the garden center is in a wonderful part of Mass.

Molie

o

Went to Katsura Gardens for the first time today. What an amazing place! There was this dwarf Metasequoia glyptostroboides that was the color of mint ice cream. Wow. I ended up with three fastigate red beech trees at $45 each. I've never seen such an inventory before, never.

Steve

o

Thanks for the info, Claire.

This place looks amazing.

Molie, the Prostrate Beauty is beautiful.

Too bad it's 3hours from me. :-(

I know there are nurseries in CT but I like to visit different places so I can see (and dream) of all the plants I want to buy.

-Tina

o

Steve, thanks for your comments on the trip to Katsura Gardens. I'm glad to hear that their inventory --- in September! --- is a great as I had hoped it would be after reading their website.

Tina, yes --- it's a 3 hour ride for us, too. Maybe next year--- we'd take a whole day to drive up to that part of Mass., do some sight-seeing, then go to the gardens. I'm glad we don't have a large lot because there are many things Katsura has that I'd love to own. Like you, I can dream!

Molie

o

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 16:04

Just got the latest Katsura Gardens eNewsletter:

Many New Items Increased To
50% OFF All sales cash and carry
Including Azaleas and Rhododendrons

Open Columbus Day Weekend

New Fall Hours:
Friday, Saturday, Monday 9am-5pm, Sunday 10am-2pm
Closed Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
(open Tues-Thurs by chance or by appointment)

I like that note open Tues-Thurs by chance or by appointment. I once drove by and stopped in, not realizing they were closed. By chance I ended buying a Pinus strobus 'Louie'. Of course, it's easy to stop by and take a chance when you live close by.

Claire

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here