Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ponce418

Product Review: Safer 3-in-1

ponce418
15 years ago

I was just posting a reply on the rose forum and thought I'd share the info here as well.

I ran into a problem earlier this season w/ Japanese Beetles. I had heard they LOVE rose bushes but strangely enough, my beetles seemed most attracted to my hardy hibiscus. And with that, I realized something.

I'm not a fan of insecticides. But I did want to protect the one rose bush that I did have. So in the spring, I purchase a product called Safer 3-in-1 Garden Spray from Calado Nurseries, specifically to spray my rose bush.

I picked this product because it had the organic gardening stamp of approval on the bottle, was safe for use around people and pets, and made from all natural ingredients.

Evidently, it works. Because I haven't had a one japanese beetle problem w/ my rose bush. Haven't had but the most minor issue with blackspot either. No aphids. No thrips. No nothing.

So I started using it on my partially eaten hibiscus plant and, sure enough, haven't seen a beetle on that plant since.

Now I'm using it, when needed on ALL my perennials with, seemingly, great results.

Therefore, if any of you are looking for "pest control" without inundating your yard w/ nasty chemicals, I'd give this product a shot. I purchased my bottle for about $7 and so far I'm very pleased w/ the results.

Comments (5)