Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
101 Reasons to Garden Naked

Posted by runktrun z7a MA (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 28, 11 at 14:49

Well actually I could only come up with one reason to garden naked (burrs) so I will leave to other one hundred reasons up to you all.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 101 Reasons to Garden Naked

Hosing down myself is rather easier than cleaning clothes.
Gardening in the rain is more doesn't involve soggy clothing and shoes.

o

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 28, 11 at 16:37

Well, I suppose if you stand quietly, naked, you can serve as human bait for slugs and snails....I've heard they don't like to climb on clothes....

Claire

o

Conversation piece in the garden?

o

Claire,
LOL, I have suggested to the neighborhood teens that they stop playing freeze tag near my property but oddly enough the snails have found that their clothing has great traction and the kids seem to be thrilled with their new pets!
Photobucket

o

• Posted by mayalena 6 - MetroWest Boston (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 28, 11 at 20:29

Mud baths are good for the skin....

o

You can get a nice tan and soak up lots of vitamin D.

You'd save time spent both deciding what clothes to wear and putting them on.

(I really could offer a lot more reasons NOT to garden naked, the primary one being to avoid the need for a blood transfusion after the hordes of mosquitos have feasted on me. I won't venture out into the gardens at dusk even in 90 degree heat without a hat long sleeves and long pants for that reason.)

Those are fearsome looking burrs, Runktrun! How did you remove them? Lint roller? Hand picking?

o

runktrun, that's a great pic. What a gal!

I'm having a hard time thinking of any reason to garden naked, and I'm a naked fan. All thae pops into my mind is mosquitos where they don't need to be and seeing my miniature and lifeless boobs, sucked dry by four wonderful chidren, flapping around as I dig and weed. Yes, I know it's gross, but naked after 40 loses some appeal outside of some plastic surgery help.

Thinking...thinking...

o

• Posted by sami46 centralmass (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 29, 11 at 10:53

I can only think of 101 reasons NOT to garden naked
LOL

o

Passers-by are much less likely to notice weeds and design deficiencies in your garden if you're out there naked.

Also, neighbors are much more likely to take the time to teach their children not to go into strangers' gardens to yank pretty flowers if they suspect you might be au naturelle behind your privacy screen.

o

You all make me giggle . . .

In all honesty, in my younger years my idea of a great garden was one where I could work topless, privately, but I never had that option. Now, like Deanna and Spedigrees I honestly can think of more reasons not to, contact allergies being at least as bad as the mosquitos and various body part flapping and wobbling in unattractive ways.

o

diggingthedirt, you win the prize! That's too funny. I don't have any neighbors who can see my house, so those reasons, as fantastic as they are, don't apply. My husband feels that it's not truly home if you can't pee off the porch in comfort. I don't come from a porch-peeing family, so I disagree, but I have not control over him there.

nhbabs, all that flapping and wobbling can be overwhelming, can't it?! Anybody remember that Seinfeld episode about the girl he dated that loved hanging around his apartment naked? He thought he hit the jackpot until she started coughing, and all the flopping and wobbling ruined it all. I don't even have to cough. I could stand perfectly still and a slight breeze would get the measly girls to swayin'.

o

Deanna,
We didn't have any porch peeing types in the family either, which is fortunate, since we don't have a porch.

o

All of this talk about topless, and boobs, and naked, and jiggling and wiggling is making my cucumber ripe. I took a pic of my wife holding it last night. She was very impressed. She couldn't stop talking about it. Don't know what she's planning on doing with that knife though...

Photobucket

o

Deanna pee off the porch was a sell point for my last 2 houses. My son (22) desided to do that on one of 4 grape vines. It is darker green. more yearly growth, bigger and better grapes than the other 3. He is frustrated that his daughters cant continue the tridition of 10 years.

o

That's very encouraging. We will probably be sellers soon. I'll be sure to mention it to the real estate agent. Maybe we should put it in the online listing..."Spacious back porch with plenty of private space for resting and 'relieving.' "

tree_oracle, stay clear of that knife!

o

Sellers soon!?? Surely you're not going to sell that lovely home with the beautiful cheery yellow shutters, Deanna???

o

Sending you a PM!

o

Did you send me an email, Deanna? I think I might have deleted it accidentally. I'm sorry. Could you re-send it? (If you put something in the subject line like "from Deanna, Garden Web" it would probably catch my eye.)

o

Resent it!

o

Be very careful. If you garden naked you might get crabgrass in your lawn.

o

Not to mention a few fungal diseases. Both require treatment from a lawn doctor.

o

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 7, 11 at 10:01

Would these be considered STD's?
i.e., Sod-Transmitted Diseases?

Claire

o

Too funny!

o

The message title captured my attention!
I think the cucumber is a little cool and mild. Also, remember that knives are not toys. How about hot cayenne and banana peppers, excited eggplant, and long , large zucchini?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here