Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What This 90o Weather is Good For!

Posted by debra_boston Zone 5 - Boston (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 31, 10 at 19:31

The other day I FINALLY gave up and shovel-pruned the rose that has been the bain of my existence. Once upon a time, I did indeed love that rose. Alas, it betrayed me, turning into a Dr. Huey and finally I have had to banish it to the outdoor fireplace. But prior to the fireplace, it gets to sit on the desert of a driveway, drying out in the grinding relentless sun.... Bwah hah haha ha That'll show the other roses who's boss. BWAH HAHA HAH!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What This 90o Weather is Good For!

LOL, Debra! Love that evil laugh - I am feeling the same way as I toss uprooted crabgrass, perilla, and other assorted noxious weeds onto the brown lawn.

o

ROTFL!!!!! I've got a couple things that need shovel pruning here to.... but it's too hot to go out and dig them up.
Deanne

o

The beach---every night this week after work, at Horseneck in Westport. The water has been clear and warm (75 deg) and the swells from Earl were perfect for body surfacing on Wed. night. But they were a little too big last night and breaking too far off shore--wouldn't venture that far out on that beach. If the undertow doesn't get you, the sharks just might!

o

Yikes!!

Maybe your ex ___ wasn't the best choice of fertilizer. Pushing up daisies isn't the same as pushing up roses.

I thought this was going to be like rockman50's seaside escapade. You know. A happy, daring or adventurous stroll through the garden kinda' post.

I never really understood the "Gun's n' roses" thing but it has become quite clear upon reading your post. Please never love me 'man'... keep me high on your fecal roster.

Think I'll just try my luck and stay on your good side. Maybe snag a bag o' mulch from your wood pile or mow down your annuals in the spring. Something of that nature. Shaw's beat feet out of CT far, far away from Boston a while ago.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here