Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixie_lou

Flag Poles?

pixie_lou
9 years ago

Does anybody have a vertical flag pole? As opposed to one of those house mounted angle ones. Thoughts? Comments? In particular, does it look stupid if it doesn't have a flag on it? Since flag etiquette dictates that you cannot keep a flag out at night unless it is illuminated - and what are the chances that I will diligently put the flag out every morning? And since this will be in front of the Master bedroom window, I will not keep the flag illuminated all night.

The landscapers are coming Monday to redo all of our hard scape in the front. New stairs, relocated front walk way, new retaining wall, new lamp post, laser level the front yard. So I'm busily digging up the white garden to clear the work area. Once they are done, the white garden will expand by ~8 feet. And I thought a flag pole might look nice off to the side of this newly expanded garden.

I've always wanted to have a vertical flag pole. But now that the opportunity presents itself, I'm thinking logically about it. Trying to decide if it really is a good idea.

Comments (3)