Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant Swap Sunday Sept 29th

Posted by annie_nh z4/5 NH (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 20:52

Just want everyone to know that I will be holding our annual plant swap on Sunday September 29th.
As the old timers know (and I do mean old timers) you can bring as many or as few of your plants to swap. If you plan to stay for lunch you can bring something for the food table( we always have too much food so if you do not feel like bringing anything except plants that is okay as well.

It is early yet but I will let you know that I have started to dig up plants for the plant swap.
I have dug up and potted some grape leaf anemone and some rose of sharon and a hibiscus. Anyone interested/
I have a lot of pictures of my garden on FaceBook. Take a look and tell me if you see anything you would like.
More later.
Let me know if you decide to come
Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant Swap Sunday Sept 29th

I'm sorry to once again miss the fall plant swap. I bet it's just as much fun as the one in the spring.

o

Hi Annie (and daughters)

I hope to make your swap on Sept 29. I wanted to show you a very nice pot I put together this year and see if you approve. It is calla lily, canna, acidanthera and impatiens. I am rather proud of this one, as the actual pot that holds soil is only 11" deep and sits atop of the larger display pot. It would be way too heavy if the whole thing was filled with soil. I think I will be bringing some blue lobelia, a nikko blue hydrangea and a verbenum tomentosum (wedding cake plant) and some primrose japonica - Miller's Crimson. People have really liked the primroses in the past as they come back every year and spread just a little. When you plant the japonica primroses they need to be kept damp, so I find a small piece of rug in the planting hole does the trick, as it always remains damp in the soil. Looking forward to seeing you and your garden. I still have the white hardy hibiscus you gave me years ago and would now like to have a colored one. Do you have any with colors? Best, Debra

o

Looking forward to seeing you Debra, I I will dig you up a pink hibiscus and I can always use another primrosel
Summer sure has flown by.
Hope your hubby is coming too.
Anne

o

Hi, new to GardenWeb, where is the plant swap? I have indoor aloe babies and seeds,mi can trade. Thanks,
daffodil33

o

Debra, that combination is stunning. I think the tall plants look great offset by the tall planter. Smart trick not to fill the whole thing with soil.

Daffodil, the plant swap in near Manchester NH. Email Annie for directions. It's a very nice group of people who attend and the pot luck lunch is fantastic.

o

Just bumping this up so more folks see the upcoming swap at Annie's Farm on 9/29!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here