Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shawski_gw

Wilting squash plant?

shawski
9 years ago

Hello! One of my container squashes is wilting. I see no squash vine borer damage and the dirt is quite moist. The container seems adequate in size from my POV (but I might be wrong it's 14 x 14 x 9), and I have tomatoes in a similar container and that plant is doing well at about 5 ft tall. The squash vine was taught to climb a metal tomato cage. I honestly have no idea what kind of squash it is since it came in a burpee mixed winter packet. A pic is attached showing the biggest fruit on it. Can someone tell me what kind if squash it is, if I missing something that's making it wilt, or if it's just the horrid and craptastic weather were having in New England taking it's toll? It seems to kind of bounce back at night - but seems to be bouncing back less and less. My other squash in my garden are fairing much better but they are also in a shadier area of my yard. I will post this is the garden clinic forum as well but I was hoping fellow New Englanders could comment more effectively on the weather piece. Thank you!

Comment (1)