Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"Lois" Magnolia Tree

Posted by MRodSouthNY Southern NY (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 23:09

Does anyone have this tree that can confirm the mature height and width of a mature tree? Estimations online vary. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "Lois" Magnolia Tree

I don't have one, sorry to say - it looks like a real beauty. I checked my usual most reliable source, the 'plantfinder' at the Missouri Botanic Garden, but they don't list this one.

If I were you, I'd contact the Brooklyn Botanic Garden and see what they say, since they developed this hybrid.

o

Response from the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens:

"Magnolia ‘Lois’ is considered a small-to medium-sized tree that grows at a medium to rapid rate--under normal conditions, Magnolia ‘Lois’ grows up to 25-30 feet in height and 25 feet across. Keep in mind that individual trees respond differently to various growing conditions such as soil type (structure and nutrient levels), available water, and exposure to wind and sun."

o

Oh, thanks for posting their reply! It's good to know they respond to questions like this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here