Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie_nh

NH Fall Plant Swap

annie_nh
12 years ago

Hi Everyone

The NH Fall Plant swap will be Sunday Oct. 2nd. All are welcome.

Respond here or send me an email if you have questions.

Annie

Comments (59)

• blaketaylore
    12 years ago

Hi Tina,

What are you looking for?

I would love the rose bush and a couple of the beared Iris.
    Is there anything in particular your are looking to swap them for ?

Blake

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

Tina, are you still interested in a white butterfly bush?? If so, I will trade you for some bearded iris and maybe I will be lucky enough to get the ones that I love in your album..

Deanna, If you have enough, I would love some pink aster for my nephew..I will trade whatever for them

Annie, I may be able to swipe a division of asters from my gardening job for you.

Lisa

• blaketaylore
    12 years ago

Hello Tina,

I have been thinking thinking and thinking what I can trade with you.

I have echinacea, holly, sage and lemon balm that I can trade. I also have garlic heads that I am curring from this years harvest, if you need some to plant this fall. And I have some wicked good squash relish that I canned this summer, so superior to store bought relish! I will keep thinking!

Blake

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

Tina, I just went through your album again, what a pretty garden!! I will be posting a list of what I am bringing to the swap soon. I would love any of the irises from photo #94 right thru #105 and also #83 and 84 if you can find them..lol for my nephew. Hopefully, I will have some things that you would like to add to your garden!!! Are you looking for anything special???

Lisa

I know that I will be bringing white butterfly bush,3 dwarf mugo pines (bought and changed my mind), a few heucheras miracle,brownies and kassandra for sure. I have a few hostas large var(not the old kind) and a couple small differeant ones.

I have a start of bears breech, I have some salvia framboise and several others.

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

Tina, I just went through your album again, what a pretty garden!! I will be posting a list of what I am bringing to the swap soon. I would love any of the irises from photo #94 right thru #105 and also #83 and 84 if you can find them..lol for my nephew. Hopefully, I will have some things that you would like to add to your garden!!! Are you looking for anything special???

Lisa

I know that I will be bringing white butterfly bush,3 dwarf mugo pines "bought and changed my mind>, a few heucheras miracle,brownies and kassandra for sure. I have a few hostas large var"not the old kind> and a couple small differeant ones.

I have a start of bears breech, I have some salvia framboise and several others.

Lisa

• sinbadsmom
    12 years ago

Lisa! I would love the salvia framboise! Remember those tiny pink seedlings you gave me in the spring! Wow!!!!!!! I was able to put them in several spots and they came up just beautiful, they're flowering now and just so pretty! Thanks so much, Kathie

• still_lynnski
    12 years ago

I'm in central Massachusetts, and wondering where the NH swap is held. Thanks for sharing the info!

• scpearson
    12 years ago

After going to my first swap in the Spring at Annie's, I'm definately putting it on my calendar!
    I am interested in tulip and daffodil bulbs. Also any color phlox (groundcover for a small hillside) & hostas, no particular variety.
    Anyone intested in any house plants? I have a number that would like good homes.
    Susan in NE CT

• defrost49
    12 years ago

Waaa! Annie, I can't come after all and neither can Sue H. The swaps listed sound wonderful. I'm sorry to miss the swap and the always fabulous potluck lunch.

The swap is near Manchester NH - email Annie for more info.

Blake, I promised you calendua seeds. Do you want me to mail them? Email dfrost49@hotmail.com
    It would be interesting to see if some you seeded now would grow in the spring and then sow some in the spring. They readily self sow for me.

• blaketaylore
    12 years ago

Hi Susan,

What type of house plants are they. I am always looking for spider plants and other easy types.

I shall get my list up soon. Maybe I will have something you would like,

Blake

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Susan, I am so glad you want to come again to our Plant Swap
    Do you remember the way or would you like directions again or if you have a GPS I will email you my address and you can just plug it in.

• diane4000
    12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great gardening year! I have a bunch of stuff to offer for the plant swap. Please let me know if you are interested in something. Lots of my plants are overgrown and need homes!

My list:

Allium, blue-violet, grows to about 2 feet
    Brugmansia, color unknown -- One special plant found growing amongst the flat of annuals I received from Annie at the spring swap!
    Campanula/adenophora, blue or violet (various types)
    Coneflower, purple
    Creeping thyme, pink blooms in summer
    Missouri evening primrose
    Forget-me-not (biennial that will bloom in the spring)
    Liatris
    Loosestrife, yellow
    Moneywort, AKA Creeping Jenny (nice groundcover -- you can mow it!)
    Mums, yellow (early blooming)
    Mums, yellow (late blooming)
    Sedum, yellow, low growing
    Southernwood
    Veronica, blue
    Wormwood
    Yarrow, red

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

Good Morning All,

Diane, I am interested in your campanulas and alliums. I will be posting a list of trades very soon. I hope we can work something out.

Lisa

• diane4000
    12 years ago

Hi Lisa,

No problem. I'll be sure to bring these.

Diane

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

This is what I have dug so far....

geranium starman X2 - 1st is for deidra
    2nd is up for grabs-

agastache honey bee blue

salvia framboise for Kathy

verbascum temptress white

boltonia

chocolate joe pye X2

hydrangea hildigard

3 dwarf mugo pines

tiarella sugar and spice X2

salvia purple volcano

large clethra summer sweet

a few hosta

var. liriope

white butterfly bush

heuchera miracle X2

phlox paniculata tracys treasure

potentilla abbottswood

heuchera coral bells

anenome- debra

acanthus mollis rue ladin

phlox sherwood purple

daylily variegated charm

lavender

sedum angelina

sedum matrona

That's it for now...Hopefully, I can get out and dig some more before the swap

Lisa

• diane4000
    12 years ago

Hello Lisa,

I'm interested in your tiarella and heuchera.

Thanks!

Diane

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lisa

I would like your lavender and if you have any more of the salvia framboise I would like that as well.

Take a look at my list It is way back near the top
    Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

Diane, I put your name on a tiarella sugar and spice and a heuchera caramel, if you dont like orangy foliage let me know and I will put your name on a reddish foliage or the miracle which changes colors...

Annie, I have your nameon the lavender,boltonia and i will try and steal back the salvia framboise that I gave to my nephew...I can grow another for him..

Lisa

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lisa
    Don't take back your nephew's salvia. If you have one in the spring you can bring it then. I was just intrigued by the name. I don't believe I have ever seen a raspberry colored salvia.
    See anything of mine that you would like?
    Annie

• sinbadsmom
    12 years ago

Hi All, looking forward to the swap. So I can bring several daylilies, yellow sage, white foxglove, another one thats pinkish/lavender. Small starts of echinacae double decker. Columbine, black native and green apples. Toad lily thats all I can think of right now.
    I would love a japanese anemone. Kathie

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Kathie
    I have grape leaf anemone if you can't find Japanese anemone.
    I am interested in your toad lily.
    Annie

• sinbadsmom
    12 years ago

Morning Annie! Done!

• ontheteam
    12 years ago

IDk if I can come...I'd like to...but we are down to one car IF my son has a Pop Warner FB game I either get him and hubby a ride or its no go... But..I'd like to offer to take all the left over Perennials for the Children's hospital plant sale. I can come up another day and pick them up.Or Marlene aka Zahzeen will... just throwing that out there..

• scpearson
    12 years ago

Hello Blake,
    I would love to trade you a large hanging spider for some of your homemade relish, if you would like (or I am flexible if you are getting low!). I have spiders that are not hanging, but also fairly large as well.
    Hello Annie,
    When it gets closer and you are sending out the directions, please include me. I did get lost and tour the countryside for about an hour in your area, so I'm afraid much will look "familiar."
    Thank you,
    Susan

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here is my list of what I have dug up so far.

fever few
    gloriosa daisy
    malva
    blue cardinal flower
    tall phlox
    obdient plant
    a type of meadow rue looks similar to astilbe
    2 kinds of foliage plants
    monkshood
    grapeleaf anemone
    rose of sharon (2 feet tall)
    filipendula ( has blossoms that look like cotton candy)

• zahzeen
    12 years ago

Hi Annie,

I was helping Michelle (ontheteam) potting up perennials today for her plant sale for the Children Hospital and she reminded me about your swap next month. I would like to come but would need directions. Also, I'm not sure yet what I can bring in the way of plants but can I bring something in the refreshment department anyway? Thanks! Looking forward to see all of you.

• blaketaylore
    12 years ago

Hello Fellow gardeners

Susan Pearson. I would love the large hanging spider plant for the homemade relish. I have put your name on it

Annie,If you can choose something from my list below, I would love a blue cradinal flower

Diane4000,

I could use the campanula, the creeping thyme. If you can use something from my list below.

Lisa, I could use the phlox. Is there someting on my list you could use?

So far on my list I have dug up and potted:

one large garden sage
    one large lemonbalm
    One goat's beard bush
    one goat's beard seedling
    Two small holly bushes starts dug up from layering
    One small holly bush start with mature roots
    a good size division of the herb, Lovage
    and a couple of pints of garden fresh homemade relish!

As I wander about cleaning up the garden, I will update my list.

Blake

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Blake, I will put your name on a blue cardinal flower. I would like one of your holly bushes. do you know what sex it is? I have 2 but do not see any red berries so evidently I don't have both sexes. I am hoping that maybe yours will be of the opposite sex.

Zazheen please email me for directions. You can find my email on MY Page

• blaketaylore
    12 years ago

Hello All,

I am adding an Eqyptain Mint plant to my list of what I am bringing.

Annie I will make sure I bring you a female holly.

Blake

• pjhendrick
    12 years ago

Annie:
    I am not sure if I can make it this year, but I will try. Like Deborah, we are trying to sell our house, etc., and there is a bunch of stuff going on with that. I don't know exactly what I could bring but I certainly have:

Yellow raspberries--either Queen Anne or Fall Gold--very sweet berries and bear two crops a year, and they spread a lot.

Hostas-mostly the generic green kind, but some variegated with with both with white on the outside and others with white on the inside, a few green and yellow variegated ones, and a couple of giant Sum and Substance, as well as a few blue-leaved varieties

Spirea-mostly the pink variety, but probably could find a couple of shoots of white bridal wreath

white columbine

pink echinacea--most are pink but there could be a few white and an occasional orange one (maybe)

creeping phlox--kind of a pink-purple color

lots of orange lillies

some Siberian irises

some wisteria(purple)

possibly some astilbe(but don't remember the color)

some tall yellow flower that I got from someone that is pretty but spreads a lot

pachysandra

lupine(purple or pink, or even white--but not sure what you would get)

a couple of liatris

a few black-eyed susans

I could also donate a couple of books as well for the door prizes.

some other plants which I can't think of

• diane4000
    12 years ago

Hi Blake,

I will save some campanula and thyme for you. I'm interested in your goatsbeard if it is still available. Thanks!!

Diane

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Peter
    I do hope you can make the swap.
    I would love some yellow raspberries if you do.

• blaketaylore
    12 years ago

Hello Diane4000

I put your name on the goatsbeard.

Blake

• mmqchdygg
    12 years ago

I've potted up 2 specimens of phlox paniculata- it's white with a little pink center,and the two I have are about 2' tall.

Blake- the rose bush is yours!

Lisa & Blake- Irises on the way!

Lisa- Yes on the White Butterfly bush, if no else has claimed it yet.

Peter, if you do come, I'd love some Yellow Raspberries.
    Does anyone have Red Raspberries?

Oh, and for the record, I have no issues with anyone wanting an item of mine and not having an "even trade." I figure between all of us, we all end up with each other's things, anyhow, so an 'even swap' is not something I concern myself with.

• sinbadsmom
    12 years ago

Hi all, just spent the afternoon going through the flower beds and I can bring some red bee balm if anyone is interested, have some small starts of hellebores and some what I believe is called blue eyed grass. See you all Sunday! Kathie

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

If anyone would like a hibiscus I will dig one up
    Annie

• diane4000
    12 years ago

Lisa (ishareflowers),

I tried to dig up the allium bulbs today and could not find them! I think the problem might have four feet and gray fur.... So sorry for the crop failure! Would you like some irises instead? I have some magenta dwarf iris and some Dalmatian iris (Iris pallida).

Diane

• ontheteam
    12 years ago

I want to come but ...I'm hearing my charity work and it's needs for plants is an issue and my offer to make sure no plant is an orphan got someone in the wrong way.... So I'll say I am sorry and leave it at that Ya'll have a nice swap.

• dfaustclancy
    12 years ago

Hi Guys,

Just logging on after a long day of looking at property. Ugh! The thought of plants and swapping (and eating and drinking the best food ever) really appeals to me right now!

Here's what I've got, Hopefully someone will find an interest:

Primula Japonica - Miller's Crimson - several plants & seeds

Verbascum - Southern Charm - one plant

Persicaria - Firetail - one plant

Chocolate Mint - Smells and tastes great

Creeping Jenny

Chives

Heliopsis - Summer Sun

Lisa, Thnx for putting my name on japanese anemones.

Annie - Can I have your hibiscus? What color is it?

Also, what web site is your photos from past swaps on? A friend would like to view them.

Will bring something tasty for lunch also. Do you want sliced tomatoes, mozzerella with basil (caprisi salad) or something else?

See ya Sunday!

• blaketaylore
    12 years ago

Hi Annie,

I will be bring a squash and cheese caserole and some brownies for the table.

Blake

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

Debra, I would love to swap ya my anenome for the firetail.

Diane, Don't worry about the alliums,I can pick some up at the store.

I can bring something for the food table, just don't know what yet..lol

Lisa

• mmqchdygg
    12 years ago

tomatoes & mozzarella!!

• diane4000
    12 years ago

Debra_boston

Hello, nice to see you again! I'm interested in any "non-yellow" primroses you have, plants or seeds. Please see my list above, plus....

Note to ALL:

I also have Calla lily bulbs and "bulbettes" in shades of white and pink. I won't bring them unless someone hollers, so please let me know.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone!

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Debra
    You can have a hibiscus.It will either be pink or red depending on which one is the easiest to dig up.I would like your verbascum

• dfaustclancy
    12 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am really looking forward to Sunday and I hope the weather is as spectacular as it has been the past few days.

Yes, Tina, I will bring the tomato, mozzerella, basil salad!!! Wow how do you get letters so big and bold on your post?

Diane, may I have a blue veronica and some calla bulbs for your Japanese Primrose?

Kathie, I'd love a small white foxglove please.

Lisa, your name is on the Firetail.

Tina, Malva Mauritiana and some white and pink phlox would be nice. See something on my list you like? Besides Caprisi Salad, LOL?

Annie, one verbascum southern charm coming up for you! (And thanks so much for hosting this year after year!)

• PRO
    Nancy Vargas Registered Architect
    12 years ago

Hi Guys! Please still count me and my friend in for the swap on Sunday. All you-know-what has broken loose this summer with our barn renovation and I have barely stepped into the garden for over a month. I won't have time to pot up anything but will bring refreshments. Just let me know what is needed. I'll take my chances on what might be on offer in the way of plants after everyone has done their swapping. I should have much more next spring.

Please send directions and some suggestions of what the two of us can bring Annie!

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi whitegarden
    Please email me direct for directions.Just go to MY Page and you will find my email address.
    Looking forward to seeing you. You have your choice of bringing something for the morning coffee table or for the lunch table.
    I hope to have onion soup made and either a chicken salad or ham available. It depends on what the weather looks like.

I am going to start a new post for last minute info as this post is getting too long and a pain to go down to the last entries.

I watch the weather forecast and it sure does fluctuate for Sunday first is says sunny but later rain etc. I guess we just have to hope for the best
    Annie

• mmqchdygg
    12 years ago

Hi Deb- The phlox is yours; I'll see if I can find another piece for you, since it was a volunteer, and the patch isn't that big. If it's not that big, perhaps I can bring you some more in the spring (provided I label it NOW, because I'll certainly forget if I don't)

Here's the information on using HTML code on the GW forums.

• zahzeen
    12 years ago

Annie and everyone else I will miss seeing,

My sister ended up in the ER today with at least an overnight stay. I need to be close to home tomorrow (had to cancel attendance at chartiy golf tournament) and this has thrown a wrench (beside the fact the fact that my sister is hospitalized!) into my weekend plans. If I don't make it on Sunday....I hope to see some of you at other plant swaps or maybe at Annie's in the Spring. Have fun!

• scpearson
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone,
    I will post here and on Annie's new thread.
    Diane, and pjhendrick, I am interested in any creeping phlox that are not already spoken for.
    Lisa, if no one has shown interest in the dwarf pine, please save for me.
    Daylilies - several were bringing them, mmqchdygg, I recall and a few others. I have all yellow. If you have any other colors for me to mix in, I would love one.
    I have promised a spider and a pothos plant to Blake.
    Will bring something for the table.
    Have other plants and garden related items to bring, just not fully organized yet... that is my afternoon activity!
    I do know that I will be bringing a number of Bugleweed Ajuga, Chocolate Chip, as well as a couple Blue Festuca (12" silver-blue foliage grass, grows anywhere! Very pretty no care plant)
    See you all Sunday.
    Susan