Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Various Variegated Hydrangea Vines, cont'd- Photos

Posted by arbo_retum z5 ,WinchstrMA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 5, 10 at 13:13

This is really strange.while googling, i found an old 2007 thread. i added to it, with photos, but it just would not show up on GW!!and yet, it had updated on the google link! so anyway, since i spent at least an hour editing and transferring photos as part of my post, i'm not willing to give up. so here is the link to the thread! weird....but completely grok-able by a pc person i bet!
best,
mindy
www.cottonarboretum.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: variegated hydrangea vines thread

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Various Variegated Hydrangea Vines, cont'd- Photos

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 5, 10 at 16:16

The same thing happened to me with an old pokeberry thread. Like a secret garden, there seems to be a secret Garden Web which can be googled and added to, but which no longer is linked to the current site.

Claire

o
RE: Various Variegated Hydrangea Vines, cont'd- Photos

GW saves a maximum of 67 pages on any one forum. When that number is reached, the older pages and threads vanish from the forum.

At this time, there are the maximum number of saved pages on the New England Forum, and anything beyond that no longer exist on GW or this forum.

The oldest post on page 67 dates back to 3/10/08.

The reason you where able to find the thread that is no longer available directly on the forum, is that you did a google search on the particular subject.

Older pages from GW and from any other forum from this site or any other site are archived in google and remain archived for a period of time.

How long they stay archived depends on how many additional pages are no longer saved from a particular forum or site on the web.

Eventually, the thread that you where able to find on your google search will also vanish from the google archives and no longer be able to be read.
How quickly that will happen can vary.

It can take a few weeks, months or even years, but it will vanish at some point.

If you want to save the thread for info to refer to to at a later date or for others to read, and you could only find it with a google search; it would be best to copy and paste the thread and save it that way. Otherwise, there will come a time that you may want to refer to the info and you will not be able to find the thread, even with a google search.

Fran

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here