I am involved with starting a garden to be placed at TEEN CHALLENGE

Twin Cities Girls Academy

53 Highland Ave

Fitchburg, MA 01420

(978) 345-2912

GIVING TEENS A SECOND CHANCE

"Change the heart, and you will change the person"

http://www.tcfitchburg.org/

It is home for up to 15 girls ages 12 to 17 trying to break free from drug and alcohol addiction.

I am a parent figure for one of the students that is there at this time. My student Sarah lived with me at my home prior to being in the program. I am an avid gardener and she saw the benefit of it for herself. When Sarah got to her new home she approached the staff about starting a garden there. And my idea of asking you to help set up a garden program for the girls was born. The girls are in residence at the school for at least 15 months

. The Teen Challenge Program is not for profit and many of the students there are on scholarships.I know once we have a clearer direction we can apply for grants from various places like Johny select seeds However your groups assistance in helping form this vision by donating time and materials would be greatly appreciated. The Girls Academy is a registerd 501 c and will be able to give you receipts for all donations.

You may call the number above and speak to Kate Smith ot the Director "Apryl Cordry" acordry@tcnewengland.org to verify this request.

I thank you for your time and eagerly await your reply.

Regards,

Michelle Tarver

Comments (2)