Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arbo_retum

Plse Report on Local Sales!:Lowe's 50% off Report

arbo_retum
13 years ago

woburn lowe's today- started marking all perennials 50% off (except brand new arrivals like daylilies, and mums and others). exc supply of 2 gal. coreopsis moonbeam-$5- and i think i bought their last Rt66 red ones(but other lowes may have i guess). also $1 ajugas,

$3 sedums - some good varieties, and more. surprised to see big healthy $4 amsonia hubrechtii, 3 season value. Here it is w/ pennisetum moudry in oct/nov.

I hope those of you who are grazing Mahoneys will report on specific good deals that you see there. Top of my seeking-list for discounted price plants- are geranium rozanne and red heliopsis. thanks much.

best,

mindy

www.cottonarboretum.com/

President, Plant Enablers Non-Euonymus ho ho ho

From final autumn

amsonia hubrechtii

drought tolerant, small light blue stars in june;lush ferny summer green; golden foliage late fall

Comments (6)

• terrene
    13 years ago

Drove by New England Nurseries in Bedford today, and they have all shrubs and trees on sale for 30-60% off and Spring/summer perennials 50% off. I asked one of the employees how long the sale is going for, and she said "for the rest of the season". Plan to stop by and browse for a bit longer the next time I'm going by.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    13 years ago

Cole Gardens in Concord, NH has 30% off trees and perennials, with 50% off rhodies and azaleas. They had a couple of Cornus kousa 'Wolf Eyes' and one C. kousa 'Satomi' and a variety of nice evergreens and hydrangeas. I also saw signs for 30% off outdoor pottery and I think I saw a buy two perennials and get 2 free. In my experience I have found their plants to be well grown and survive well, even when I buy on sale and the end of the season and they may be a bit pot-bound. Although a few plants had slightly crispy leaves, the stock looked pretty good to me considering the summer we have had.

The only other comment is don't go today as there is a Nascar race at the speedway down the road so traffic will be horrible in the morning and late afternoon. You'd be OK mid-day probably or anytime after noon tomorrow.

• arbo_retum
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hey, great reporting;th you!
    Lake St garden center in nashua, family run and always well maintained, has some very well tended, but just cut back, pots of helenium and many other things, 50% off (so $5).plus trees, shrubs, etc.
    best,
    mindy

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    13 years ago

Oops - Make that first sentence that Cole Gardens has 30% off trees and shrubs.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

Mahoneys garden centers has all their 12.98 and under perennials for 33% off. I picked up a few heucheras that were very healthy. I also picked up two annemones that were so very healthy looking. I didn't even lok at the shrubs and trees section.

Tewksbury greenhouse runs a sale all year buy 10 perennials ands save 20%. The average price of a 1/2 gallon container is around $6 (makes it way to easy to buy 10). I have had great results with their plants AND unlike Mahoneys theres not a ton of weeds in the containers!

Lisa

• arbo_retum
    Original Author
    13 years ago

mahoney's winchester has alot of variega liriope and astilbe and anemones that i think will still be there when they finally do their biggest end-of-season sale (maybe oct.?)
    i was surprised that perennials that were out had been culled for dead stuff and it all looked pretty good.it's all been removed from the perennial yard (except for some in the shade section) and is next to the upper greenhouse, closest to the xmas tree area/outdoors gate.right now it's 1/3 off all $13 and under pots (except lavender tags of newly arrived pots such as helenium and liriope, anemone, etc.)
    best,
    mindy