Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie_nh

plant swap

annie_nh
10 years ago

Hi
JUst another message to remind everyone I am having a plant swap the last Sunday in September.Hope to hear from new and old swappers soon.
Annie
My email address is amsp73@comcast.net

Comments (23)

• deirdre13
    10 years ago

Annie,
    Piera and I, and I believe Diane will be attending, we wouldn't miss it!
    I'll be bringing some salvia azurea, Hyprion daylillies, Kenilworth ivy, clematis integrifolia,and whatever else I manage to dig up before then. I'm not sure what we'll bring for the food table (I usually leave that up to Piera). I'll also bring a book or 2 for the prize table.
    Look forward to seeing you!
    Deirdre

• gata
    10 years ago

So glad to hear that you are having another fall swap! I'll be poking around for things to bring! Let's see...that will be Sept. 29th.
    I'll post again when I figure out what I'm bringing. Red dahlia roots anyone?

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    10 years ago

Hi Annie, sorry I'll miss it this year. I'm going away the next day so will be busy with last-minute preparations. Maybe I'll run over with a lemon cake for you at some point during the day, but can't stay the whole time.

• sasha_nh
    10 years ago

Annie,

I do plan on attending the fall swap. Will check back later to list plants I'm bringing.

• muffin1358
    10 years ago

Hi!
    I'm new to the New England forum but have been lurking on the Hydrangea Forum and the Growing Tomatoes forum for a while now. I just learned that you are here and I'm excited to learn from locals!

I'm interested in the plant swap...but I've never been to one. How does it work? Do you just carry around your plants and physically exchange with a person, hoping they want something you have? Or does everyone put their plants on a table and you get a ticket with the number of plants you brought in and you just pick from the table, going home with the same number?

How does this all work?

Thank you!

• sinbadsmom
    10 years ago

Hi Muffin 1358 sent you an email.

• dfaustclancy
    10 years ago

Hi Annie and everyone,

Looks like we are having regulars and a new one also (Hi Muffin) Paul (hubby) and I dug up some primula (Miller's Crimson) and will have plenty to share. Does anyone have Montauk daisies? I've been trying to get those for years... Will bring something for the food table, not sure yet. May even bring a raffle gift or two... See ya there!

• ontheteam
    10 years ago

I had planned on coming after doing some digging..but now I can't dig..I got 9 stitches in my finger.... What can I bring for the food table?

• muffin1358
    10 years ago

Hi,

I've been emailing with sinbadsmom and actually tried to have a friend come with me, but it doesn't look like it will work out this time. Just too far for me.

I definitely have my eye on the Summer one at Adam's Farm so I hope that one takes place again next year.

Have a wonderful time!

• annie_nh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just got back to this forum. Was busy enjoying going to my 6oth High School Reunion. What a time we had!!!
    Anyway I'm excited that you all are coming on sunday. I think it will be a small crowd of about 12 so if anyone else wants to come just come on down.You can come with or without plants.
    My address is 68 Merrill Rd , goffstown,NH
    email is amsp73@comcast.net
    The more the merrier
    Annie

• sasha_nh
    10 years ago

Hi Annie,

As usual I can't wait for Sunday. Bringing a newbie gardener with me . I plan on making a sausage soup for the lunch table unless you'd rather I made something else. Have a peony for trade, also will be bringing some baptisa and various other stuff I have hanging around. See you all

• dfaustclancy
    10 years ago

Hi Annie and All,

Am bringing a lemon, feta cheese, red pepper and corn pasta salad for your lovely lunch table. Lots of primula japonica and can't wait to see you and your awesome garden and everyone else! Big hugs,

Debra

• dfaustclancy
    10 years ago

SashaNH - I would love to take your peony off your hands! I will bring a very large primula japonica just for you! See you this morning! Debra

• gata
    10 years ago

Thank you Annie for another lovely and delightful swap!

• dfaustclancy
    10 years ago

What a gorgeous fall day for a swap. Must be all that clean livin you do, Annie. Thanks for a great time and a great lunch too. That German Chocolate cake was delish.

• beryllium
    10 years ago

Hi Annie and everyone,
    I was so busy this past month trying to catch up on weeds from five months of no gardening and was not on-line, so missed checking out gardenweb for your fall plant swap. Missing everyone and the fun.
    Hopefully, will be there next spring.

• dfaustclancy
    10 years ago

Hey Berylium,
    We were missing you! We were wondering what happened to you. Were your ears ringing? You were on all of our minds. So glad to see that you will rejoin us in Spring!
    Deb

• fruitionflowers
    10 years ago

Hi everyone!

I've been searching for a plant swap in my area and came across Annie's, which appears to be local! I'm in Newmarket, NH, and realized I've missed yet another swap (I wanted to attend the June swap but work for a florist, so wedding season prohibits a life in June).... Does anyone have anything they swap outside of Annie's? I would really love to attend, but I cant trust myself to remember to watch out for next fall's swap.
    Either way, I enjoy following the forum, figured I should stop just being a fly on the wall!

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    10 years ago

Hi fruitonflowers, nice to see a new face! :-)

There are swaps in the spring and the fall. One in the Boston area in the spring, and Annie's in NH. There are more in CT. Then in the Fall, Annie's again and sometimes there are some in CT or around Boston.

Other than that, I guess there is always the Seed Swap/Plant Swap forums. They are usually pretty busy, but plant swaps there would be by mail and of course, would be happening during weather that allowed for mailing. Lots of seed swapping going on from now until spring. I would think they are already getting busy there.

If you are on the forum in the spring and late summer, you won't have to remember, the threads for swaps will pop up and remind you. If you are not going to be able to make a June swap, sometimes they have them earlier in May. And if you are thinking Fall is the best bet, try thinking late summer, because they start planning them in August/September usually.

• PRO
    Nancy Vargas Registered Architect
    10 years ago

Sorry I missed the swap in September. Have been crazy busy trying to finish our barn. See you all in the Spring!

• fruitionflowers
    10 years ago

Thanks prairiemoon! I look forward to meeting everyone in the spring; I'll have to MAKE the time! Where in NH is Annie's swap?

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    10 years ago

fruitonflowers, I'm not really sure, because I haven't gone to it yet. You could post a new thread, with that question, lots of people on the forum have been to it. I have read many accounts of how great a swap it is and I keep wanting to get to it, one of these years.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    10 years ago

The swap is in Goffstown,NH.