Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow Angel Pansies update

Posted by prairiemoon2 zone 6/MA (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 8, 09 at 12:44

I just wanted to report back, that the 'Snow Angel' Pansies I bought in the fall of 2008 came through the winter in better shape than any pansy I've ever bought. Here is what they looked like the third week of April of this year. I plan on buying more this year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow Angel Pansies update

lovely! and where did you purchase them?

o

roxanna...pretty name. :-) I did call around and found only one of four nurseries I called carried them. The same one I bought them at last year, New England Nurseries in Bedford. They are a little expensive, but I think it's because they put them in larger containers. An 8" container for $5.99. I hope that they will reseed for me too. That would be perfect. Those in the photo have a lot of mulch around them, so they haven't so far.

o

I just got a Snow Angel yesterday at Amherst (NH) Garden Center. Same price. Same size. no tax :-)

I was going to just pot them up into a pretty pot for a pot vignette with mums and kale, but it looks like I could divide them into several smaller pieces too. Maybe I will stick some pieces in the ground for next spring.

o

wendy, I just bought mine today, too. I was thinking about dividing them, they are so full and large. They should last awhile in a pot. They should take a frost or two I would think. I brought a few other things home on sale today and I am going to be rushing to get everything into the ground in time, like usual. [g]

o

thanks, prairiemoon, i was named after my maternal grandmother. it took me many decades to "grow" into the name, lol.
Bedford is a bit of a stretch for me as i am west of Wocester but it's not entirely impossible to get to. will have to twist DH's arm, as i don't drive... hope i can get some!

o

I was inspired to go out and buy these. Now in the ground and we will see how they do.

o

That's so nice that it is a family name too. It is different. Roxanne is pretty, but roxanna is even prettier.

Asarum...I hope yours do well for you too! You are very efficient, I still have two pots to get in the ground and I better get cracking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here