Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where is a good place to buy highbush blueberies in maine

Posted by filix z5 maine (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 13, 11 at 12:16

I live in southern maine. I have 22 bushes. I want to keep adding to my colection. I dont like to buy online if I can help it. You never know what your going to get. And you have to pay for shipping. Thanks. filix.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where is a good place to buy highbush blueberies in maine

• Posted by filix z5 maine (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 20, 11 at 14:02

This place seems pretty dead. But it is almost winter. I have bought from nourse and was happy. But I read about nurserys In other places in the country that have 5,7 and even ten year old plants that you could purchase. There must be a place like that somewhere in new england. Filix.

o

Filix -

I think that it is less that this forum is dead (though it is a bit slow now) than there aren't a huge number of folks from Maine who post on this forum. Also, I don't know of anywhere in New England with a great selection of blueberries for sale. Most nurseries I have been to may have 1 to 3 varieties, but no where I know has much of a selection. So when I see some for a good price, I will buy a few, but the folks I know that have a lot of bushes and many varieties have gotten them over the internet.

o

Funny I don't think of Nourse as an online vendor since they're local - just too far for me to drive. But I've bought all my fruit plants from them over the past few years and have always felt they have the best varieties, quality and customer service.

A couple years ago, I planted some raspberry canes ordered from them and they all died. I'm sure it was my fault, but when I contacted them to ask what I might have done wrong, they reminded me their plants were guaranteed and put in an order for a free replacement the next spring. The new plants are thriving (probably because I was more careful planting them and tending them through the first year).

If you do buy blueberries from them, order early, because I think they sell out every year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nourse Farms

o

• Posted by filix z5 maine (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 21, 11 at 22:04

Thankyou both. I do like Nourse. But I was hopeing to find larger plants. The blueberries and blackberries I did buy from them are doing fine. Maybe I should try posting this on the fruit forum. filix.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here