Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I replant now?

Posted by zahzeen 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 6, 09 at 15:17

Last week I planted the three $1.00 raspberry bushes I got at Lowes in October. AFTER doing so, I cleverly looked at the directions. Seems I should have planted them deeper and wider. I'd like to take them out and do it the right way this time with bigger holes - using the "mudding method" as suggested in another thread (I can't remember the term that was used but so far it's worked well for what I planted in September). I doubt the roots have firmly taken hold yet and was wondering if it's OK to do this. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I replant now?

zah,
Go right ahead I one week at this point won't make much of a difference but having been planted properly certainly will. Katy

o
RE: Can I replant now?

Thanks, runktrun. I know they only cost $1.00 but when I was looking for berry plants earlier this year, they were at least $10 - $15 each for smaller plants so I probably wouldn't buy them next year to replace these if they cost $30 - $45. I'm unsure how well they will grow anyway (they are in the sunniest location I have)given my track record, so $1 each was a great bargain for something that doesn't have the greatest survival rate to begin with. I really want them to grow and should have looked at the directions first. I'll replant them in the next couple of days. Thank you for your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here