Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are you most looking forward to for Thanksgiving Dinner?

Posted by prairiemoon2 zone 6a/MA (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 16:08

Any special recipes that you make every year? Something someone brings that is always a hit? Do you have the same thing every year, or do you change it up? Will anyone be traveling far on Thanksgiving?

We will be home. Having a traditional Turkey dinner with all the fixin's. We seem to be planning way too much food, but are planning on sending most of it home with everyone. Daughter is trying a new recipe this year, Pumpkin Bread Pudding.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are you most looking forward to for Thanksgiving Dinner?

A happy Thanksgiving to you also!

I'm most looking forward to seeing family, but the food is always ample and well-cooked. We do my husband's side of the family on Thanksgiving, and there's always some variety. Depending on who brings what, different recipes get used for things like stuffing, potatoes, appetizers, and different choices for veggies. My MIL makes a great turkey, though. My mom always served the exact same meal, but I enjoy the variety.

My parents-in-law are a few miles up the road from us, but others in the family travel further, so we tend to make a weekend of it with a couple of days of group cooking, playing games, chatting, going for walks down the road or through the woods. I'm truly blessed with my inlaws who are wonderful people.

o

Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm visiting a friend in No. Carolina this year, she asked us if there's anything particular we wanted with the meal...my BF listed the basics. LOL My favorite is homemade stuffing and gravy, it's not the sorta thing I would make any other time of the year.

o

Mashed potatoes and gravy! I don't really need anything else, lol.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Dee

o

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 10:50

I'm trying something new this year; sweet potato biscuits. Like Dee, I don't really need anything else. Except for apple pie with crystallized ginger....

I'm wishing everyone a peaceful and tasty Thanksgiving!

Claire

o

I had a small squash patch this year but wanted to try some different kinds of squash. The delicata were fabulous but are already gone. We'll have Confection for dinner tomorrow. It's a good keeper and we think it's better tasting than the ButterCup we used to have. Hopefully I'll have enough time to make some squash rolls since a cousin who usually brings rolls isn't coming this year. But what I'm looking forward to most of all is LEFTOVERS! My favorite is cold turkey sandwich (dark meat) with mayo and cranberry sauce.

o

It'll be just the 2 of us, so we decided, no turkey & fixin's. Instead, shrimp stir-fry with scallions, bean sprouts, ginger etc., over brown rice. Lots of OUR OWN garlic.

Happy Txgvng--

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here