Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bedrock Gardens

Posted by idabean (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 19, 10 at 2:58

Has anyone been to Bedrock Gardens in Lee, N.H? It appears to be an extraordinary "fine art garden" with some mighty fine gardens as well.\

Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bedrock Gardens

No I haven't, but I've wanted to go since I first read about them, probably in an early People, Places, and Plants magazine. It just hasn't worked out so far, perhaps because I didn't ever know when they had the garden open, but maybe this coming summer. They don't yet have their open garden days up on the website for 2011, but at least I know where to look now. I think last time I checked several years ago they didn't yet have a website, but now they do.

Thanks for the reminder, Marie.

Barb

Here is a link that might be useful: Bedrock Gardens

o

Thanks for providing the link.
Wouldn't this be a great new england garden web fieldtrip in '11?
mt

o

From the Bedrock Gardens website:
For 2011...Our Open House Days will be on the following Saturdays:
May 14th
June 11th
July 9th
September 10
All run from 10am to 4pm.

Anyone up for a field trip or two this growing season?

o

I've been, and it's *wonderful*. In fact I'm taking a club there this summer. I highly recommend it both for the art and the gardens.

o

May 14th (tomorrow) is the first open garden day at Bedrock Garden,s and I am tentatively planning on going, though don't know for sure yet. Anyone else interested on such short notice in the middle of busy gardening season?

o

I ended up going yesterday and will probably go again at least once this year. Lovely garden, fun sculpture (though out of my price range!), and absolutely no blackflies, which for me is an absolute pleasure in and of itself at this time of year. I probably spent 2 or 2 1/2 hours there and enjoyed every minute. The owners/gardeners were there as were a bunch of volunteers. It is a large enough property that it didn't feel crowded even though there were probably more than 100 folks there when I was. There were many interesting plants to enjoy and a few for purchase in pots. Great examples of shade gardens, rock garden, shrub beds and mixed borders. A pond with an arched bridge along with various other water features, an Asian garden, along with many seating areas, all made by the owners: chairs from pieces of old farm implements, pergolas from old skylights . . . I could go on. Instead I'll suggest that if you are within an hour or so drive, it's well worth a visit. Free, though donations were accepted as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here