Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginny12first

Happy New Year to all New England forum friends

ginny12
14 years ago

We have been remarkably quiet (for us) recently. But I wanted to wish everyone here a very Happy New Year, full of great gardening experiences. I have learned so much from all of you and shared the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat (horticultural!) with all of you. I love your photos, your plant and garden descriptions, and look forward to more in the coming year. Blessings to all from Ginny12.

Comments (12)

• corunum z6 CT
    14 years ago

I totally agree with Ginny! The New England forum is at the top of my "FAVORITES" for good reasons!

With only good wishes for everyone,

Jane

• claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
    14 years ago

Hey Jane, how did you get my squirrel? (Great shot!) Well, I've got plenty more squirrels, and turkeys as well!

When the holidays are over, the New England forum will arise! well, maybe just awake a bit until spring comes.

May the New Year bring whatever it is you want most in your garden, and in your life!

Claire

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    14 years ago

Well said, Ginny! I agree totally!

Wishing you all a very happy, healthy, and peaceful new year!

:)
    Dee

• cloud_9
    14 years ago

Happy New Year to all my Garden Pals!
    Stay Happy and Hardy!
    Deb
    : D

• terrene
    14 years ago

This forum is on my Firefox bookmarks toolbar!! Only the most important sites get to be on that toolbar. :)

This is a great forum, and I've very much enjoyed the posts, the swaps, & the seeds and plants that people have shared thru this forum.

Hope everybody has a great gardening year in 2010!

• CapeHeart
    14 years ago

Hi All

Back on the Forum - finally!
    I wish everyone a Happy Healthy New Year!

I can't wait for SPRING!
    Chantel
    Cape Cod

• bill_ri_z6b
    14 years ago

I join in wishing everyone here a happy 2010 with good health for the gardeners AND their plants! This is a great forum. I drove through Roger Williams Park here in Providence today to enjoy the snowy scenery. Stopped in at the botanical center greenhouses. I never knew there were so many varieties of Poinsettias! Nice to see all kinds of palms and tropicals too! But outside there was color from the hollies, hellebores and heathers. There some nice lacebark pines near the entrance too. This is a great time to make those grand plans for next year's garden, some of which may actually materialize!

• runktrun
    14 years ago

Happy New Year to all,
    Shucks, all of you characters have taught, inspired, ant encouraged me to become a better gardener... Thank you.
    Bills adventures reminded me of years past when New England forum folks gathered in the dead of winter at Logees for a mid winter tour and a local lunch afterwords. I would love to do that this year if there are others interested and would certainly be open to any other garden related winter adventure.
    See you soon. Your Garden Buddy, Katy

• bill_ri_z6b
    14 years ago

Katy,
    Logee's is certainly an adventure in itself. I've been going there for years. My first times were when Joy Martin was running it. Even squeezing through the aisles single file is worth it. So many exotic plants growing over, under and around! It's only about a 40 minute ride for me. I don't know of any other greenhouses that have that kind of variety.

The botanical center at Roger Williams Park here in Providence is big and interesting. There's a $3 admission though. Lunch afterwards would not be a problem. Providence has tons of great restaurants.

Maybe some others here would be interested in one of these or something else.

Bill

• Monique z6a CT
    14 years ago

• sedum37
    14 years ago

Happy New Year guys! Have had a busy year (including a new job) and haven't had much time to post. Even though I haven't always posted try to check in from time to time to see what is going on. So I love the photos people have included here! I like bill_ri's reminder about visiting the Roger Williams Botanical Garden. I visited in June one year and it was great (see link below some photos to inspire you to visit) . See also my post today of the Flora in Winter show this weekend at Tower Hill.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos Roger Williams Botanical - June 2008

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

Happy New Year to you Sue. Nice to see you post. I enjoyed the photo link. Can't get enough photos to look at, for sure. And I am glad for the reminder for the Tower Hill weekend. I have yet to get there even once, but one of these days...