Return to the New England Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT - Crocs on sale

Posted by zahzeen 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 21, 09 at 19:52

A few months ago, someone was inquiring about Crocs on sale. I realize this is way off season (and topic) but they are on sale now (the authentic Crocs) at Ocean State Job Lot for $10.00 - at least the store in Norwood.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT - Crocs on sale

Move down.

o

zahzeen - I will have to check this out after the holidays. I have never owned them, but I know that people swear by them and I am sort of curious. Just not curious enough to pay full price. ;-)

o

• Posted by claire z6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 23, 09 at 17:10

zahzeen: I saw this post about an hour after I left Ocean State Job Lot in Buzzards Bay with a couple of 40 lb bags of birdseed. I would have checked out the Crocs if I'd known (or noticed them). I was in a determined eyes-forward mode so I missed the sale.

I love Crocs for casual wear, although I avoid looking at my feet, and they're no good for digging with a shovel. The winter Wooly Mammoth Crocs might be OK for digging, but I don't dig much in the winter.

Anyway, thanks for the post and I'll take a look when I need some more birdseed.

Claire

o

zz, it was ME a few months ago! and a wonderful GWer posted about the Tewksbury mahoney's selling them, so the very next day i tore up there and bought three pairs!! but this ocean state place certainly will see me v. soon. thanks so much for your thoughtfulness.

I agree completely w/ claire's assessment of crocs, but they are all i wear in the 3 non winter seasons. (When in the garden, i just ask My Love to do the heavy digging!)
best,
mindy

o

Hi, Cloud 9. I was home for the holidays and they did have them also in the Ocean State Job Lot in Wethersfield. Not sure how close you are to the Hartford area, but they are in that store branch too.

o

I often wondered why crocs were so popular at all, not to mention among the gardening crowd. I tend to do a lot of heavy work when I garden and the crocs are too unstable of a shoe. They are ugly too! Lol.

I like the ugly indoor croc with the soft, plush lining. They slip on and flop off.

o

I had to read this to realize you meant the footwear. I thought Crocs was short hand for Crocus bulbs. I was thinking "wow, it's really late to be buying crocuses, even if they are on sale". LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New England Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here