Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
saquin_soul

sick bamboo!!! please help!!!!!!!!!

saquin_soul
18 years ago

i have two lucky bamboo plants (they're not very large.) i used to put them both in the same pot (with rocks instead of soil cuz thats the way i got my older one)and give them water out of the tap. but the other day i noticed the older one was getting yellow so i took them out and cleaned their roots. afterwards i put them in seperate containers. but since then they keep getting worst! the older bamboo is totatally yellow and is getting this mold at the steam at the place where the water level stops,its steam is also starting to deteriate, i can peel the skin off of my plant( i didnt mean to do it, i was just trying to change its water and my finger fell straight threw). and the little one is getting squeshy around the steam and turning yellow! the small one also had these weird knots near the top, like dumps but they are green and im not sure wht to do. i dont want my bamboo to die, ive had the older plant for 6 years!!! i dont think its something my younger plant brought w/it either, cuz i got that one a year ago.please help i dont kno how to make them better, and i dont really have a green thumb when it comes to this stuff!

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. even the name of what kind of desease my plants have would be awesome...

thanks

saquin_soul

Comments (7)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm