Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dgrdinh

Oh No, grass growing in part of my dymondia lawn

dgrdinh
10 years ago

Hello,

I live in CA and tried to put in a more drought friendly lawn by planting dymondia instead of grass. I sprayed the grass with Roundup for a week and then removed the lawn and planted dymondia in plugs about 8 inches apart and mulched the area inbetween. I bought the platters of dymondia from two different venders. Now it appears that grass and other plants are growing out from the dymondia plugs themselves, not the area between that is mulched. But this seems to only happen from dymondia from one of the venders. When I bought the platter from the vender, there was all kinds of other things growing in them, but she told me not to worry she just removed them. I guess I should not have bought it? Anyway, now the weeds are back and their roots are really mixed in well with the dymondia. Sometimes I can pull them out roots and all, but most of the time they just break and the roots are embedded inside. Is there a technique for pulling weeds when they are growing inside your desired ground cover? Can I use my finger to poke into the soil and wiggle the roots out??? Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator