Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help

Posted by
Marian
(Youngmami298@aol.com) on
Sat, Feb 18, 06 at 15:06

I bought these plants. . . All I know is that they are house plants. they are dying. What can I do to bring them back to life? But I don't miss treat them i have had them for about two months now. I water them in the morning, because i read that it is better to water them in the morning. I put them near the window for sunlight but I never open thr window, because i read that they can die if they get a draft. I temp. of the soil is 67 degrees because i read about plants liking the soil temp at 67 degrees to 75 degrees on this website! Please, I don't want to fail,Someone must know something that can help!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help

• Posted by nurmey 5 Omaha, NE (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 18, 06 at 15:30

How often are you watering? Over-watering kills more houseplants than anything else. I'm pretty mean to mine and they are lucky to get a drink about once a month.

o
RE: help

Marion, obviously there is something that you are doing wrong. It is very difficult to give a houseplant the exact care that it needs without knowing what kind it is. Luckily, most (but not all) plants are pretty easy going.

They will rebel at being over or under watered, over fertilized, being placed in cold or hot drafts, some are sensitive to a very low humidity, etc.

Perhaps you can work on a good description of your plants and then post that and your question in the Houseplant Forum. Better yet, a picture!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here