Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
breb912

New to gardening, need advice on Rose bushes and Perennials

breb912
10 years ago

Hello Fellow Newbies!!

I'm Bre. I have been a long time lover of roses and other plants, and started my own container garden as a teenager and it was a miserable failure.

However, I am 30 now, and want to carry on my Grandmother's legacy of having BEAUTIFUL rose bushes in her yard. I have always loved looking at all the Rose-related home decor I received from her as well.

I have purchased a few Hybrid Tea Rose bushes from my local gardening place.

My fiance is an expert at gardening, however, he's working 6 days a week and cannot help me.

My first question is what are some quality links to rose gardeners in GA, and any beginners resources I should buy/read!

I am excited to have three varieties to begin with, ones my fiance thought would fair well in our yard.

The first is "Proud Land" a hybrid Tea Rose, as well as two others I cannot recall at this time. I believe the second was "Anastasia" or "Pristine". My silly self wanted a Red variety with a large bloom, a white variety with a large bloom and a mixed of pink variety. I think perhaps the third was "Tropicana" or "Arizona".

I would be able to look at them if I was at my house, I take care of my mother during the week while she battles lung cancer with chemo and radiation.

My grandmother used to have a large variety of Shrub Tea Roses like John F. Kennedy.

Also, I'd like to plant one for my mother, here in Cumming, GA still zone 7b. Can anyone recommend a hardy tea rose shrub that doesn't tons of maintenance. I am here weekdays, And I have no problems pruning, testing ph, and LEARNING how to do this as a way to feel close to my mother and grandmother.

Sorry its so LONG, I just want to get this right!

Thank you, any advice would be appreciated!

Bre Bradford

This post was edited by breb912 on Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 4:15

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm