Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixidance_gw

Will Daisies bloom the first year planted?

pixidance
17 years ago

I've been looking all over the web and I can't seem to find an answer to a question.

Do daisies bloom the year that they're planted?

I ask because I read somewhere that they don't, but then I can't find any confirmation online anywhere.

I want to plant some boxes with daisies and wheatgrass for my wedding, instead of buying arrangements. It'll be cheaper and way more my style.

I was hoping for shasta daisies...Or even white zinnias

So, does anyone have suggestions on what to plant that will be blooming in the middle of May?

Thanks so much :)

Comments (2)

• Judy_B_ON
    17 years ago

Daisy is the common name for many different plants. Shasta daisies are a type of Chrysanthemum and usually bloom in mid summer not late spring.

Bedding plants or perennials on sale now will be small and not likely to be thick and bushy by May. However, potted white mums and other white flowers that have been forced for early bloom are often sold for Easter and Mothers Day, they will have buds or be blooming.

You could buy those large, potted blooming plants and repot them into your boxes for the wedding.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shasta Daisy

• pixidance
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks so much! I'll keep an eye out when I'm in CA for blooming plants that I like :)