Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alexia_gardener

help!

alexia_gardener
17 years ago

Hi!

I'm form Argentina and have been living in Texas for the past 2 years. We just bought our first home so I am enjoying learning about gardening for the first time. When we bought the house, there were some nice plants already there and we made a flowerbed of different grasses last year. I thought the garden could use som colour so I dug up a flower bed arround our raised deck and planted Cypress vine seeds. 6 days later (today) I have my first sprouts!!!! I am getting VERY excited about gardening but I still dont know very much about anything! Our lawn is a DISASTER! It seems to be 100% weed and a little St. Augustine mixed with Bermuda grass here and there. I fertilized 3 weeks ago and voila! MORE AND STRONGER WEEDS! The lawn is also very uneven because it seems the previous owners had a trampoleen. I would love to fix everything so that we can enjoy our first spring and summer in the garden with our 20 month old daughter, Valentina!!!

First of all... HOW DO I PROCEED WITH THE WEED KILLING? TO I HAVE TO DIG THEM OUT FIRST? OR CAN I JUST SPRAY THE WEED B GONE I BOUGHT YESTERDAY? SOME WEEDS ARE NEW, OTHERS ARE REALLY BIG AND EVEN HAVE FLOWERS ON THEM!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions