Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Used Roundup Extended by Mistake need advice

Posted by zepherinedrouhin 6 VA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 13, 11 at 9:37

Help, I used Roundup Extended without understanding that I shouldn't plant for up to 4 months. The night and day after using it we got and 1 1/2" of heavy rain. Any chance this will lessen the wait time for planting? Would this stuff really kill established plants say 2 months past application? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Used Roundup Extended by Mistake need advice

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 13, 11 at 23:48

If it were me, I wouldn't try installing anything of value before the 4 months had passed. I think the length of time this or similar products remain effective depends somewhat on soil types (i.e. sandy vs. clay) and climate but the only way you would know in your own site would be to plant - and if you lose your plant material you'll know the label was accurate and the product works as intended.

o

The technical info says "rainproof 30 minutes after application."

o

Unfortunately we made the same mistake on the extended control roundup. Has anyone tried to plant before the 4 month time frame after application? If so, what were the results.
I was wondering if we till the soil as deep as possible where it was applied would that help maybe dilute it with the deeper soil? Then build up the bed by applying topsoil above so the new plants wouldn't reach the affected soil. Would this work?
Thank you in advance for any advice!

o

I suggest that you either follow the recommendation on the label regarding the interval required before planting OR call the 800 number on the label. You will usually get the proper advice from those folks. They have everything to lose by advising you do something that may cause you, your family, the soil harm....but everything to gain by giving you good counsel.

o

Update. I did the same thing and want to lay new sod. I simply cant wait four months. I am in my 3rd week of waiting. Please help...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here