Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adayfromnow

Question about the GW website

adayfromnow
17 years ago

If this was already posted somewhere, or if there's a "help" guide somewhere, I haven't been able to find it.

Is there a way to watch particular threads? I have lost track of some of the ones I wanted to refer to later. (I'm too scatterbrained to remember what they were!)

Comments (6)

• socks
    17 years ago

One thing that might help you is to know that there are actually three forums here.

Look at the top of this page where the green stripe is and find the word FORUMS. Don't click on it, but just put your cursor there and you will see that there are actually three forums:GARDEN, HOME and NATURE. You can drag down to whichever one you want. Obviously, the topics are different for each forum.

So if you could not find a thread, it is probably because you were looking in one of the other forums.

If you can tell us what the topics were, maybe we can help you find the ones you "lost." It takes some time here to figure it all out.

• vetivert8
    17 years ago

One that I use is to create a folder in my 'Bookmarks/Favourites' , add the forum/s I'm watching, and enter the GW from there.

• socks
    17 years ago

Also at the bottom of each page is a search box you can use to type in a keyword and sometimes find things. Adayfromnow, I hope you were able to make it back here to get this information.

• adayfromnow
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL! Yes, socks, I did make it back. Thanks for the concern... and the advice (you too, vetivert)!

Although it didn't work the first time I tried it (I must've done something wrong), I figured out I could track specific threads by "clipping" them. Thank goodness because, in response to your suggestions...

- tell us what the topics were,
    AND
    - type in a keyword and sometimes find things

...there are SO MANY topics I wanted to go back to, I can't remember what they all were! LOL! I also have SO MANY questions. I don't want to be rude to you kind folks who have taken the time to answer them.

So, thank you again for the suggestions.

- Mari
    (LOL! Learning about gardening is giving me A.D.D.!)

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    17 years ago

Bookmarks, clipping, search are mentioned above.

(There was a time that search did not work for today's post, you had to wait until tomorrow. Is that still the case?)

Additionally, if you really want to go back and find something where none of these above have been initiated go to Google and select advanced search, put in one or several keywords, and put gardenweb.com in the domain. If using Google you may have to wait a few days for a crawl. It ordinarily would not be expected to work immediately.

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    17 years ago

My note above on Google is poorly written.

It will work immediately but only after there has been a crawl i.e. after their software has read gardenweb.com.

(Does this read any better?)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County