Return to the New to Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to grow oriental lily in my aparment?

Posted by comet Europe (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 24, 06 at 16:51

Hi gardenars!

I was hoping to grow the lilium muscadet oriental lily I bought the other day in my apartment because I dont have my own garden. I dont have any expeience in any flower planting before. What I have to start if with is a big pot and flower soil.

Regards
A unexperienced home gardener

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to grow oriental lily in my aparment?

• Posted by lindac Iowa Z 5/4 (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 25, 06 at 11:59

Well....I guess you could grow it in a big pot with a very sunny window....but why? It may grow and bloom for about 7 or 8 days and then just be an ugly plant that you will have to keep growing if you want it to bloom another year.
Linda C

o
RE: How to grow oriental lily in my aparment?

Lilies are pretty unattractive when not in bloom...especially as the stem naturally begins to die down after flowering. Then, they need a cold period (dormancy) before flowering again the following season. If there are already flower buds on the lily....I'd pot it up and enjoy the flowers...then toss it. Lilies are bulbs and have a different growth pattern than most of what we generally consider to be "house plants".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the New to Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here